Trouble with motavation

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 7:37am
via Android

I cage fought about 2 years ago was in really good shape but got a job in the oil field and gained a bunch of waight my cardio sucks big time now. I'm looking to get back into shape and maby get back in the cage but am haveing a really hard time with motivation and my diet is suffering I don't got a lot of money to spare but want to start eating healthy again. Any advice?

31 Aug
Fruits and vegetables are your best friends!!! just eat them more.avoid foods with a lot of fat and of course avoid any kind of junk food.I think in this app you can find a lot of motivation my friend!! Good luck
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 5:51pm
via iOS
I think you should start with nutrition. Do you have MyFitnessPal? If not, get it now (it's free). Start tracking what you eat and figure out which nutrients you don't have enough of and what you are overdoing. I suspect your fat levels will be over the top, this is what happens to most people. Then, you can use the SELF NutritionDatabase website to find foods that are right for your diet. You don't have to become a health nut and start eating boring healthy food, but just monitoring what you eat will prompt you to make healthier choices, and this will have an impact on your body. For example, when you are about to cook supper, looking at your log can help you decide what you will cook based upon what nutrients are lacking. You would be surprised how healthy some of the things you love are. The changes don't have to be dramatic either. You might just switch out your usual yogurt to another one with less sugar. When it comes to nutrition, you get results much faster than with working out. You just feel different, lighter, more energized. That helps a lot with motivation - it will make you want to work out!

In the mean time, make sure you are active. Go for walks, walk up the escalator, walk (or bike, skate, etc.) places instead of driving (or taking the bus). You can jog if you want to.

Then, you need to burn the extra fat through cardio. The real workout only starts after that.

Just make sure you only focus on one thing at a time, otherwise, you will be overwhelmed and might fail. Thus, don't do all the above at the same time. Wait for every new habit to sink in and become natural before moving to the next challenge. And if you want to lose weight, don't target your ideal weight right away with a hard deadline. Break it down into manageable chunks. Same with the number of pushups you can do at once, the amount of fat you can cut out of your diet, etc.

The key to motivation is to work on smaller, manageable goals and only move to the next level once you have mastered the previous one, and to only work on one thing at a time. Leave the hectic fitness plan to those who are training for the olympics.
31 Aug
Forgot to mention: do congratulate yourself for every good call and success, no matter how small they seem to be, and be proud. Do tell the people closest to you about what you are doing and tell them when you do good. They will motivate you.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 6:00pm
via Android

Thank u partners.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51