Cheat days

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 8:12pm
via iOS
What do you think of Cheat day? Do you think it's okay or unhealthy or what? Also do you have a limit?
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 8:25pm
via iOS
Cheating in extraordinary circumstances, yes. But "I don't feel like it" and "Oh, not again!" are NOT extraordinary circumstances.

The problem with cheating is that it makes you forget your goal and the more you do it, the more often you will get into doing it, until one day you realize that the days that you are not cheating are actually the days when you are cheating your routine, which by then will be a routine of cheating. It's a slippery slope...

Something way better than cheating is adapting. For example, yesterday, I did my workout very late and was too tired. Well, I did my workout anyway, but I replaced the really strenuous few minutes by freestyle dancing. The nice thing about this is that I didn't force the workout down my own throat, so it didn't feel like I did something I don't like doing. It is when you start forcing it that you start not liking it, and that is when you tend to start cheating. And if you find yourself forcing it too often, you might want to step your routine down a little, because you just might be overdoing it otherwise, in which case you shouldn't be surprised that you feel like cheating.
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 8:33pm
via iOS
I cheat one meal a week! But that meal would be pizza or burgers and icecream . So is that good or do I just ruin everything?
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 8:39pm
via iOS
That depends on a lot of things. If you are cheating yourself out of calories you need, it is a bad thing. Then, instead of cheating, you must adapt. If you don't want that hamburger for some reason, have something else instead.

Why exactly are you cheating?
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Sep 2, 2013 8:49am
via iOS
Cause I'm on a diet, so every week I choose a meal where I can eat anything I've been craving!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51