Running Endurance?

3 posts | Original | Recent
4 Posts
Sep 2, 2013 11:23pm
via Android

How to i get better endurance when running? I can do long workouts, but i cant even run for a minute without feeling like im going to die. Im very short and take as long of strides as i can, i just can never catch my breath.

13 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 2:04am
via Android

I found start with a good walk, slowly increase speed. I started with power walk 5 min then jog for a min. There is a running workout here for beginners. Hope this helps

46 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 2:41am
via iOS
A good way to build running stamina is to start with run/walk cycles. You could start, for example, by running 2 minutes then walk 2 minutes and repeat the cycle 4 or 5 times. As you start to feel stronger with running you can slowly start to increase the run/walk cycles (run 3 mins, walk 3 mins... Then run 4 mins, walk 4 mins). Then you can start to increase the run times and decrease the walk (run 5, walk 2... Run 10, walk 1, etc). Eventually you will be able to just run 30 mins and so on. It takes a little time and you need to ease into it, best thing is to find a beginners running program here or online that is comfortable for you.

Running of course is cardio, and depending on your workouts you may or may not be getting a cardio workout as well. Even if you are getting some cardio from your workouts, the best way to improve your running is by doing a training program specifically for running. 

Hope this helps, running is fantastic, I love it, so I hope you find a training program that works for you. You can do it!
03 Sep
I agree with this person. Also crunches help ... A LOT. or at least for me it does cause it helps with tour breathing while you run or something ? Idk I just know we have to do it for soccer for our running :) its all good you can get there :D
03 Sep
Thanks so much! I think i am going to start doing what you said tomorrow. I can walk all day amd not get tired its just running i cannot do it. I will get better and i want to enjoy being able to go on a run like everyone else can!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51