Motivation :/

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 3, 2013 5:09pm
via Android

Does anyone else really have low self esteem? Anyone else really have no motivation to actually get up and work out? The only thing that makes me run every night is saying im not good enough or "fat"..... Is their anyone who could tell me to motivate my self in... Healthier ways?

03 Sep
Nice..... !!!
04 Sep
You are not fat! You look beautiful! But a good motivation might be keeping a log of your distance and times and trying to see if you can get better each time, competing against your self
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 5:25pm
via iOS
Try replacing "I'm fat" with "I am so dumping this fat!".

I think a big portion of this community does the same thing you do. Most of the people trying to lose weight here have a negative body image, and that is precisely what got them to start working out. You are not alone!

You should not worry about having a negative body image, because that is what is motivating you into working out. If it gets you off the couch, then it is all good. You are not going to feel that way forever if you do something about it! Focus on what you want to achieve, monitor the changes and brag about them to people who care about you.

It is not at all unhealthy to work out because you think you are fat. It is actually healthy to want to change something you don't like. Your goal is to have a positive body image, and that's what you are working out for.
03 Sep
Thank you <3
03 Sep
Walker G is right in that a positive self outlook is what you are working out for. I think that many of us who have downloaded this app had that goal in mind whether consciously or unconsciously. I am very self conscious of my appearance. I wasn't when I was playing in my rock band and that is my strive and motivation. Targeting the areas I need to work on. Working out really helps with gaining confidence and self esteem. Good luck!!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 5:51pm
via Android

take pictures every month foryourself body wise and see yourself get healthier and I'm pretty sure the attention you'll get will start motivating you to keep it...or that dumb girl you fought along time ago haha or idk

03 Sep
Wait... Fought? What?
Image_thumb
66 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 9:11pm
via Android

As mentioned before pictures. But expand it to motivational posters with slogans there are many about. For example rocky running up the steps in Philly pic, also use pics of bodies you aspire too

Image_thumb
31 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 9:44pm
via Android

Putting image issues to one side, one big motivating factor is that exercise makes you feel great and gives you more energy. And with increased feelings of wellbeing comes  greater confidence and a more positive outlook about yourself, your work or studies and life in general.  Those sorts of feelings are kind of addictive!

03 Sep
I am starting to feel that, too! What you say is completely true.
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 11:17pm
via iOS
What I've learned is motivation is believing in yourself. Sure, it isn't easy but accepting you aren't perfect and aren't meant to be perfect makes all the difference. It takes time. It's a process. Change for yourself not for someone else :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51