Why isn't protein working ??

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 7:10pm
via iOS
So I've had two protein shakes because I bought a tub yesterday, and I checked the size of my biceps after training and a protein shake and they aren't bigger.
I took another shake later that night and the next day I measure and my arms still aren't bigger.
Why isn't my protein working ?
Am I doing something wrong ?
Image_thumb
397 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 7:27pm
via iOS
Lol are you serious dude , muscle gains take some time to see results
03 Sep
But it says on the protein tub that it gains muscle fast
03 Sep
Man hell nawl , lol dont beileve everything youbsee
04 Sep
Thats a mkt strategy, 'fast' for them might be 1/2 inch in 3 weeks, is a totally ambiguous term, just keep working out.
Image_thumb
66 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 9:04pm
via Android

You can't be serious.  This is not am overnight thing.  You need to read some books, I'll be happy to suggest some

Image_thumb
31 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 9:51pm
via Android

Some good advice here! Keep taking the protein supplements, work hard in the gym, eat properly and get a decent amount of sleep.  You will see the benefits but you need to be patient.  Corny saying but it is true that the best things come to those who wait!

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 3:48am
via Android

Dude not even steroids get u big that quick lol wtf

04 Sep
But this protein is called serious mass and says I'll have 6 lbs in a week, that's almost a lb a day And no results yet
04 Sep
Sounds like u have some issues with believing in everything u read... maybe u need to juice if ur this crazy bout getting big fast
04 Sep
But its wrong to lie on the packaging and say false gains. What juice can I get for those results
04 Sep
You need anabolic steroids , 5 doses a day if you want that
04 Sep
Where do I get them from
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 4:10am
via Android

That 6 lbs gain is only if you are using the product together with a scientifically engineered diet and workout routine. kind of like how cinnamon toast crunch is part of a balanced breakfast.

You're not gonna gain six pounds unless you're eating the calories OVER what you burn. So if you substitute the shake for meals you're not gonna gain much. And it's not gonna be muscle unless you're working with a trainer or are extremely knowledgeable, and sorry but you don't seem like you know enough about training to gain six pounds of muscle in a MONTH.

04 Sep
Listen mate, I may not know as much as you about training but what I do know is that if you take protein after training as long as it has more protein and carbs than normal you will get bigger muscles, and if I take a lot of protein in a week then I should get bigger
04 Sep
Look Frank, dont be naive man it takes weeks to develop muscle. Keep working at it and have a good diet and excercise with heavy weights minimum reps for muscle gain
04 Sep
What are reps ?
06 Sep
What are reps? obvious troll is too obvious
08 Sep
Omg frank
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 8, 2013 5:08am
via Android

I read something recently about a study where they measured protein absorption after a workout and the participants only absorbed up to 20 grams, the rest was burned off. So just consuming more protein may not make that much of a difference without combining it very scientifically with your workouts and timing and stuff we don't even know about yet...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51