Hamstrings

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
147 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 10:38pm
via iOS
I feel these are the hardest to work without machines. I do not own any machines nor do I have the extra time/money for the gym. I've got some weights at home and I've tried goodmorning, clean deadlift and barbell clean. No matter how hard I try to focus on my form, I feel it in my back more than anything. Any tips or alternate exercises would be greatly appreciated. I've downloaded fitness buddy app and I spend a lot of time on bodybuilding.com watching videos. I still feel as if I'm not getting the form correct.
04 Sep
Well your exercises seems fine. Lunges/jumping lunges is also good. Now as for your back it can be two things either your back is not strong enough or your ppsition is wrong. Remember feets straight forward with shoulder with apart and a straight back. If you have a hard time keeping you back straight try to put your chest out amd your lower back fowatd/butt back like in a squat. Hope this helps:-)
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 1:15pm
via iOS
It could very well be the combination of both. I haven't been lifting for very long. I feel it is more my form than anything though. I watch the videos and try to mimic them, but without anybody here to compare I feel as though I am still doing it wrong. The only thing I can think of is to start with low weight, high reps until my body becomes used to it. I am anxious though, I don't enjoy lifting light....makes me feel weak haha. Thank you for the advice, I will throw in some lunges as well.
04 Sep
Well if you don't have anybody that knows a bit about fitness to watch it can be hard. But yeah try with low weight until you feel you got the form right. Not much else to do.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 4:23pm
via iOS
My hamstrings are very tight, what do I do about this ??
I've been ice ing them before weights sessions to try and help but it just feels like my muscles are locked and I can't even walk properly afterwards unless I'm naked, the clothes restrict the hamstring movements for me and make things very uncomfortable.
Any advice please ??
05 Sep
I had that problem a few years back. My hamstrings were so tight they were causing me severe back pain. I had to go through physical therapy. Stretch, stretch and stretch. Different stretches and different angles. 5-10 minutes a day. Mix it into your morning routine. In time they will loosen up. Good luck.
05 Sep
Ryan H Aren't you a little old to be dressing up as an army person ?? That's very disrespectful to the people fighting for our countery. Get a life.
05 Sep
27 old right, when you do something meaningful and worthwhile with your life then you can talk. Until then your opinion means nothing. 3 deployments later I can say I defended your freedom to be an asshole. Your welcome!
06 Sep
Ryan H, yeah righto mate. Your full of shit and we all know it, your a disgrace to our country pretending to be a hero. Sitting at home taking photos in your fancy clothes taking photos to impress others.
06 Sep
Haha. Figured me out!! Your so clever....
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 12:41pm
via Android

Oi you cool but weekso pick on some one your your age .if im a pinck pigy your a red piggy

Icon_missing_thumb
111 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 9:49pm
via Android

Ryan,
First, "old"? "Army person"? Who's that guy? When he doesn't care whose name is on his running shoes and his radio weighs more than two gallons of water, then he can talk about who is disrespectful.
Second, for years the only way I could get at my hams was to tie plates to my ankles and stand on a step or books or whatever. Good luck, Airborne.

06 Sep
It's all good. Simply a pathetic individual who has nothing better to do with his life than come on a fitness app and start trouble. I've seen many "Internet tough guys." That is all he is. They are a dime a dozen. I will try your idea. Appreciate the advice. "All the way"
06 Sep
I hate to admit it but it took me awhile to figure out that leg extension is like triceps extension and my, rather poorly described, leg curls are like... Curls. Sad, I should have figured that out sooner.
06 Sep
I guess it all comes down to watching demonstrations with a bit of trial and error. In time form comes.
08 Sep
I have been doing several kettlebell swings with heavier weight (at least 3 sets for 1 minute each) and my hamstrings feel it the next day. I think Romanian Deadlifts also work.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51