good core workouts?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 5, 2013 1:05pm
via Android

going on holiday in less than 2 months. need a good workout that will help me tone up my core. I've only been working out for a month eating rather well but my weight still won't move...its discouraging. help? :)

Icon_missing_thumb
39 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 1:16pm
via Android

Cardio helps burn fat.  Fat is what keeps your abs from showing so doing just ab workouts doesn't cut it. Using intervals for runs and doing high intensity circuit training will melt the fat and ab workouts will carve those abs. Got to pair up those workouts or you will just waste your time.

05 Sep
I go to the gym and fit cardio in for 30 to hr every night. thanks for the info though :)
Icon_missing_thumb
39 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 1:44pm
via Android

Well if you cardio already then great.
I do planks/side planks for core strength; v-ups, situps, flutterkicks, and frog-kicks for core development. I usually hit the planks for 1 minute a piece and do that for 9 minutes.  Then do three rounds of 30 seconds each of those exercises I mentioned.  After all that I do 1 burnout round of supermans for my lower back.

05 Sep
i will possibly teat this out at the gym tonight :3 GET OUT MY WAY PEOPLE IM GETTIN RIPPED! :P Thanks zack. helpful definitely.
05 Sep
zach* oops
05 Sep
hahahahah try* not teat
Sep 5, 2013 3:38pm
via Android

Plyometrix, aquatix, cardio etc.. it's all good but what counts is what you do OUTSIDE the gym.

Convert your micronutrients to 40/30/30. Eliminate meats.  Eliminate chicken.  Make vegetables and fish your main protein intake.  Drink minimal 1liter of h20 per meal.

I've found that the Mediterranean, zone and dash diet work very well for weight loss. If you really want to shed off pounds and keep it off I strongly suggest a vegetarian or Vegan diet. 

Your main protein sources would then come from plant sources and legumes and variety of fruits. I'm a vegan. It works!

Check out some vegan recipes I have at Facebook.Com/kinetixpts

05 Sep
What you are proposing might be great, but I don't think Sarah is ready for such a drastic change. She probably isn't in the shape you are. Also, a litre of water per meal, combined with the water in food and the water consumed outside of meals amounts to over a gallon per day. People have killed themselves drinking two litres within an hour... What I am trying to say is that Sarah might not be at the stage in her fitness plan where you are and might not have the same goals, so what works for you might be...
05 Sep
I'm actually trying to cut gluten out dairy (for the most part) and have only one meat night a week. I eat a lot of fruits & veg and my water bottle is my best friend. I don't drink juice or milk (for the most part lol) thank you for both trying to help me. :)
Sep 5, 2013 4:27pm
What I'm proposing is exactly what I mentioned: a gradual transition to one of 5 option meal changes. What works for me has worked for millions.
05 Sep
It sounded a lot like you were proposing all of that at once...
Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 9:13pm
via Android

Do mountain climbers it mixes cardio and abs great burn.

06 Sep
mountain climbers kick my ass, good call.
06 Sep
I know I love doing them. They get me worn out fast and I love the burn in my abs.
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 9:23pm
via Android

All About the Abs
Has helped my core a lot. Try it out don't have to do all five rounds just do as many as you can

05 Sep
Hey, that looks really good! I might try just one round for now.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51