Sep 8, 2013 3:25am
via Android

I love hearing tips. So please share what keeps you beautiful

08 Sep
I need some beauty tips...lol..son please help me out
08 Sep
Sorry..so help...
08 Sep
Hahs Travis you must know some. I have seen pictures of your beautiful daughters :)
08 Sep
Thank you Amy..believe me that all came from mom...lol..but like we always hear beauty comes from actions..there are so many on here like you that put these actions to work and it shows the beauty...:)
08 Sep
Awww you are too kind. Thank you for making my Sunday a little sweeter :-) never did I think that downloading this app would I meet such amazing people. And you and your wife are obviously a beautiful combination :)
Image_thumb
94 Posts
Sep 8, 2013 3:35am
via Android

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize, and stay out of the sun :)

Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 8, 2013 3:57am
via iOS
Without being a natural product fanatic, I believe in avoiding chemicals as well as potentially harmful or insufficiently studied natural ingredients.

I dye my hair with henna. I love how it fades instead of growing roots and it truly improves hair. Mine became thicker, shinier and seemed to better resist tearing. I use the product in the little blue box with old school packaging. I will update this post to tell you what it's called. It exists in about twenty colours.

I use Aveeno exfoliating face pads and I love it. I need something that is mild enough to be used daily because I have dehydrated and greasy skin which needs daily scrubbing. It works great but never irritates.

I use Bioré blackhead zapping strips. You can literally rip hundreds of tiny blackheads-to-be out of your skin with just one movement. While it will never replace the beautician's expert touch, it is the next best thing and does in fifteen minutes what you would not even manage to do in a day (those tiny ones are impossible to get by hand).

If you have general skin problems, you might have a skin pH problem. An excellent way to help balance the pH is to rinse your skin with a solution of one part white vinegar and ten parts water. The mildly acid solution tricks your skin into resetting its pH. This is too acid for frequent use! Only use to treat a problem, not like a lotion.

To soften and hydrate your skin, you might want to replace your soap by plain nonfat yogurt. I have only done this with regular yogurt, not greek or bulgarian, and without probiotics. Wash your face with a spoonful of yogurt just like you would with soap. It immediately makes your skin super soft!

I got badly sunburned in early summer and I refreshed my aching skin with rose water. I could not use cream or lotion on my face as it would bond with my dead skin and just sit on the surface without ever penetrating, and make me look like a zombie in advanced putrefaction, on top of my hair sticking to my face. So I just gently wiped my face several times a day with a soaked cotton pad. You know what? Not only does it feel really soothing, it also had such a beneficial effect that I now know that I can entirely hydrate my face using only rose water. Cheapest lotion ever!
08 Sep
Wow Walker those are some excellent tips. I will try all of them. You are very knowledgeable. Every thought of starting a blog?
08 Sep
Thanks, Amy! Well, I did start blogs a couple of times, but just when I did, I had nothing to say. :D Honestly, though, there are lots of much more talented bloggers out there. I write well, but I have trouble with inspiration. In this forum, I am always inspired. I am not sure I would still be inspired on my own...
Image_thumb
103 Posts
Sep 8, 2013 12:53pm
via Android

I think James said it well....also plenty of rest

08 Sep
Yes, rest is the best! That is one of my next challenges after I master healthy eating and exercise. It is a lot to take in!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51