Sprinting.....good for fat burning?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 8, 2013 9:07pm
via Android

I'm trying to drop a few pounds and just generally tone up a bit. I've tried taking to the streets and doing a bit of jogging but always find i get achy knees the next day but struggle to find time for a real good walk every night, so.....I've been trying a bit of sprinting on grass 20/30 second bursts up a small incline and then walking back down (and around a little until i catch my breath properly) then again. I read an article that said doing this 6 times, 6 days a week for 6 weeks would give amazing results!! Im on day #2 so will keep you posted :-) normally then cool down with a 15 minute brisk walk after, along with the other bits i do on here....here goes anyway. Day #3 tomorrow and feeling good!

08 Sep
Great work! High Intensity Intervals (HIIT) like sprints is effective fat-burning training. Max effort in shorter workout times is really helpful when we have busy schedules. Keep it up!
08 Sep
Thanks Kevin, and it
08 Sep
It seems better on the knees too! So far so good :-)
08 Sep
Yes you are right. I'm lucky, running doesn't hurt my knees! But I do like to work in a day of sprints/intervals into my running each week, it's great cardio and fun to mix it up!
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Sep 9, 2013 1:01am
via Android

I'm doing this as well. 100 yd sprints with 25 pushups between each set.

09 Sep
Brave Steve :) ....I'll think about adding that in once i get to grips with it. Thanks
Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Sep 9, 2013 2:09am
via Android

Mix sprinting with jogging it really helps. Sprint for like 10 to 20 sec then jog for 30 keep repeating.

09 Sep
Cheers Daniel, really helpful as my fitness increases i was hoping to be able to step it up a bit and that sounds a great suggestion!
Image_thumb
92 Posts
Sep 9, 2013 3:22pm
via Android

HIIT

Here's the workout I do often, literally am gasping for air when I finish but the calorie burn and sprint conditioning I get is great, insane how in a month I went from 12.21 to 11.85 seconds

09 Sep
Brilliant...didn't see that one. I'll be doing that one later then....thanks!
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Sep 9, 2013 3:28pm
via iOS
Sprinting is good and will challenge your body to the next level.  Also good for melting away body fat.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51