WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST MOTIVATION

21 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
66 Posts
Sep 12, 2013 10:24pm
via Android

We all work our asses off and diet so much (some of us), but what's the biggest motivator making you get into shape?. I'm curious to know if the main reason is to look good on display to others, or to find out that the population is not that shallow.

13 Sep
To look like tom hardy in the film warrior haha. And that summer is only 3 months away :)
13 Sep
Yea that's a good target, he's got caught few workouts on the net hasn't he
14 Sep
Mine is to feel good and better about myself! And look good for my husband!! Even tho he thinks I look good any way but I like to feel sexy and I was just tired of feeling fat even tho I wasn't that heavy but needed tone!!
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Sep 12, 2013 11:07pm
via Android

Mostly to feel good about myself and to be happy with how I am

13 Sep
Good for you girl
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 12:58am
via Android

I do it for myself, I want to look in the mirror and feel good about what I'm seeing and be healthy, also be a good role model for my kids!!

13 Sep
I'm pretty much the same. I think sometimes we can be too harsh on our self image. Yea living a healthy lifestyle definitely influences others
Image_thumb
92 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 1:41am
via iOS
totally shallow and vain right here.  lol
13 Sep
No shame in it, survival of the fittest.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 3:24am
via Android

I watch a lot of the show Spartacus. Then I go beat up on my roommates and eat a huge sandwich.

13 Sep
Im getting older. 38 yo. I wanna make sure I can tie my own shoes, perform well in my love life, look good For myself and others and overall be able to move around when im 90. And heat up my roomates and eat huge sandwiches, lol
13 Sep
Sometimes I wonder what illness or disease I might get when I'm in the later stages in life (this mentality as I have worked in health care), but I believe certainly looking after yourself now reduces the chance of getting serious ailments
41383_100000332420640_1962718683_n_thumb
10 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 3:27am
via Android

Looking at the mirror!

13 Sep
It is a good feeling seeing what you like looking back at you. U must av a few mirrors then
Image_thumb
92 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 3:29am

roflmao right on lol

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 9:10am
via Android

I do it because I want to be healthier & look good. I'm at a stage where I believe I am mentally in my prime so my body needs to be also. Plus I'm constantly in the public eye where I live so my image is important.

13 Sep
Your being Greedy there, I see at least three reasons. I understand it's hard to choose just one reason as it's sometimes not black and white.
18 Sep
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 9:56pm
via Android

My motivation is staying off certain meds....and being able to shop in the mall in the skinny pple stores and not that one only store dedicated to plus size women. Smh....VERY MOTIVATED

15 Sep
I like it, you do want you can to keep yourself happy and healthy
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 10:28pm
via Android

For real, though, body fat is my biggest motivator. Once you get those fat cells in your body, the only thing you can do without liposuction is shrink them. They are there to stay. So next time I decide to eat a big Mac or skip a workout, I think about the possibility of gaining fat cells and how they will stick with me for life. I think that will scare anybody straight

15 Sep
That's great, becoming accountable for your actions. It could be just that one big Mac that could make the difference in being in calorie deficit, so every little thing is important
Image_thumb
392 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 10:30pm
via Android

Imagining myself as a hot and sexy woman.

15 Sep
I hope you get to where u want to be to be happy with yourself
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 10:32pm
via Android

l want to be come a personal trainer and raise money through fun runs for people with diseases like multiple sclerosis

15 Sep
Fantastic, so it's a career choice. There is no better feeling than helping others, especially those with great needs. Very admirable
Image_thumb
92 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 4:30pm

that is awesome, i host fundraisers for MS several times a year

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 7:52pm
via Android

Hi

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 7:55pm
via Android

Hi

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 7:47am
via Android

My biggest motivation is to one day be the best in my country.

16 Sep
At what, do you compete?
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Sep 18, 2013 3:07pm
via iOS
To inspire others to take charge of their health and make better food choices.  Turning 40 was my motivator to change my bad habits so that my life will be a healthy and fit one!!
21 Sep
I hear u, it's great to hear when other people make healthier lifestyle choices because of your wisdom
Image_thumb
265 Posts
Sep 18, 2013 4:33pm
via Android

It's a mixture for me. I want to look good and feel healthy, but I'm also involved in fitness challenges which makes me extremely competitive. At the moment, all this hard work is  largely due to a challenge I've set myself - trying to burn 1000 kcal per day.

21 Sep
That's a fantastic method, goal setting is so simple but not enough people utilise it and in the right way.
1115870_1099882103_626423093_n_thumb
67 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 2:05am
via Android

My biggest motivation is for myself... not feeling comfortable in the skin I'm in.... but I'm making excellent progress and haven't been this happy with my body in over a year!
My other motivation are my kids! I want to be around and healthy to still do and enjoy things with them and any future grand kids I might be blessed with some day!! :)

Image_thumb
278 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 3:09am
via Android

Biggest motivator of all..success" How you look and feel today, determines how successful you will be tomorrow" words I live by, and is on every business personal training card I've made til this day..if u feel like a million bucks,then u will be hungry to make that kind of money...but deep down my drive is simply to better myself for those who lost their lives thru combat, shootings,bombs,innocent children being taken away..and I push myself harder knowing I made it 8 years in military and I'm still breathing. 

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 3:06pm
via Android

Mine is to feel good about ME & also to be here as long as possible for my kiddos

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51