Soreness... Keep pushing or take a break??

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
50 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 2:44am
via Android

I accidentally deleted my post so I'm posting it again.

So I am new to exercising. I have a very sedentary lifestyle so I'm trying to start slow. I exercised yesterday for 30 minutes and was very sore today but decided to push myself and did 2 30 minute workouts.
My arms and legs are very sore. Do I workout again tomorrow or do I take a rest day and start again on Sunday?
Thanks. Also what's the difference between commenting and replying to someone's topic?

14 Sep
If you are experiencing soreness try an Epsom salt bath. Soak for about 30-45 min to feel a difference :) hope it helps
14 Sep
14 Sep
Girl when u get sore that means you worked your butt hard.and also if you havent been working out lately then this is what also happens sorenes aka "doms ".it would only be 4 a while.it depends how badly sore r u. If you wanna work out again those muscles all depends how badly sore u r.some people do dicide 2 workout again even though there sore ,!butt! Not that sore i would say mild sore.and they say also if your mild sore that u can do some lite cardio.to be truthfully in my opinon i have done that nd...
14 Sep
I would do some sort of cardio warm up then stretch those sore muscles. Soak in an Epson salt bath after. The next day you should feel better!
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 2:56am
via Android

I would rest.

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 3:39am
via iOS
Yes a rest day is very important for muscle recovery and building
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 4:28am
via iOS
I just keep working out and it goes away like in 4 days lol good luck
14 Sep
How do you pushing through the soreness and burning?
14 Sep
If you do choose to work out while you're still sore, try to focus on other muscle groups, try not to do anything as intense. If you say, did a lot of lunges and squats the day before, I would not recommend doing anything too intense the following day. Working out those same muscles when you're already in pain is a great way to get injuries because you may not be able to maintain proper form. Try Epsom salt and an ibuprofen if needed. Drink lots of water and try taking glutamine powder if it's an issue. Just a muscle...
Image_thumb
92 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 1:33am
via iOS
rest days are inportant but if u havent worked out in some time u will get sore muscles stretch real good before and after drink lots of water and work thru the sore
16 Sep
I haven't worked out in over 9 years. Today was my rest day and I plan on doing about a 10 min stretch workout before going to bed tonight. Maybe I can get in an hour of exercise tomorrow :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51