PCOS Help!

10 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 11:44pm
via iOS
Hello there!

I am 35 yr old woman diagnosed with PCOS, I weigh 160 lbs and would like to get down to 135-140. I have recently begun a 1200 cal regimen. I take metformin and spiron for the PCOS, I am not on the full dose of mer yet, working it up slowly due to gastro issues.I am watching my sugar and and carb intake. I work out 4-5x a week mostly cardio. I am discouraged because the weigh will not come off, I carry all my weight around the middle and am getting so discouraged I can't see any results. Any tips or advice would be appreciated
02 Aug
Don't get discouraged. I was at 204. Also have pcos. I don't take any meds. I want to start metformin and see how that works. I've been able to get down to 178. Just continue your exercise. For me incorporating Spirulina and chromium picolinate along with other vitamins, has helped me. I was also running 4 to 5 miles 4 times a week. Now, I'm doing Bootcamp classes because I need the weight training. I got hit a plateau and can't lose anymore. I need to eat cleaner and prob change my workout. Good luck! ! Having pcos really does...
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 12:51am
via Android

Hi Amy! I am 25 and I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed when I was 19. Doctors won't put me on meds for some reason even though I've asked :( I am just now starting my weight loss journey so I have a ways to go. I am 5'2 and weigh 176. Goal weight is 125-130. Good luck!

Do you have any kids?

15 Sep
Medicines dont really help with PCOS :( Losing weight is the only solution
15 Sep
PCOS usually involves being insulin resistant so being put on something like Metformin and a healthy diet along with exercise can work wonders
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 5:23am
via iOS
Hey Alexis,

Thanks for introducing yourself! I have two kids 8 and 5. 
15 Sep
You're welcome! I also have an 8yr old son. I want art least 2 or 3 more kids so I'm trying to lose weight ave stay healthy. :)
Image_thumb
91 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 8:32am
via Android

Good luck with reaching your goal weight!I used to carry all my weight in the middle too.And Ive PCOS too...so does my mom and most of my friends actually!

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 10:27pm
via iOS
Thanks guys! I am using myfitnesspal to keep track of what I am eating just have to keep trudging away, it's so discouraging when the results don't match the effort!!
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 10:36pm
via Android

Have you taken any measurements? I took my measurements today and while I'm not pleased with the numbers, I am just starting out so I know it will get better :)

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 10:52pm
via iOS
I need to pick up some measuring tape and then I will take measurements, I hear that is far better than hopping on the scale everyday and being disappointed! I am getting so confused as to how I should be excersizing. I read that too much cardio is bad then I read that to lose fat you should be doing cardio etc etc...I was thinking of maybe trying HIIT, or maybe a combo?!!!
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 10:56pm
via Android

I think you're right. In confused as well I'm just starting out. I want to lose 50-55 lbs. I just don't want to end up with a lot of loose skin you know? I think you are supposed to combine both?

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 2, 2014 9:18pm
via Android

Oh also forgot to mention that garcinia cambogia, i feel it works. 

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 4, 2014 12:00am
via Android

Hey I also have PCOS...Im currently 210lbs and I cant seem to loose any more....I hav tried etaying off the flour and sugar but its demotivating not seeing progress...Keep at it...You are not alone...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51