Myths vs truths

6 posts | Original | Recent
278 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 1:33am
via Android

First thing u have to realize is that it takes time to lose weight,do not get discouraged,yet focus on short term goals and have patience ...u did not get to the weight ur at in a month so don't expect to lose 50 to 100 pounds in a month need realistic goals,and veer from myths...

Myth: I can't eat anything after 10pm because it's going to get me fat.

Truth: eating after 10pm just means that ur eating..I wouldnt suggest a full coarse meal lol,but maybe a sandwich or yogurt for a snack.. your body doesn't sleep,it doesn't take breaks it works every second of the ur breathing life, when u sleep its breaking down foods just the same as if u were awake and watching tv,or playing a video game.

Myth: if I don't eat then I will lose weight.

Truth: if u don't eat at least 5-6 small meals a day then your doing no justice to get to ur goals,a person's body goes into starvation flight or fight mode and stores previous broke down food to fat..think of it as a hurricane season and ur storing food water in emergencies,well ur body is doing the same exact thing. You are going to remain at same weight.

Myth: I am a woman and I don't want to get big muscles,so I stay away from weights.

Truth: a woman produces estrogen, not testosterone. .therefore u can lift weights and never worry about getting to a masculine size, women body builders take testosterone pills,or steroids ladies have no worries!

Myth: if you do abdominal exercises,or use machines for ur abdominals u will lose fat in that area.

Truth:everyone needs cardio,if ur trying to gain mass or lose weight men or women then u need to lose weight to show the superficial abdominal muscles,if u don't lose the weight first,then all ur doing is building muscle underneath fat,which then u look stop buying those fat burning belts,and ab lounges,there's a reason fit people are in those commercials

Myth: I'm going to buy a sauna suit then I will lose weight faster.

Truth:buying one of those suits just makes u lose water weight, not fat percentage, but if u want to go running in one to prove me wrong I will gladly run beside u,and when u pass out from dehydration because ur pores can not breathe then I will call the ambulance and take pictures and as they are shutting the doors pumping u full of electrolytes u will hear from me" hey panda,told ya so!"

Well there u go guys,I tell it like it is,you can take my advice or not its up to you..i trained my command in search and rescue when I was in the Navy,and I went to school for NSCA graduating certified 3.8GPA. ..but hey what do I know?? Lol good night and God Bless!

41 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 4:37am
via iOS
Thank you so much...B)
20 Sep
Your welcome:-) I'm glad I could help!
22 Sep
Lol! I love the last part. :-D
1017 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 8:15am
via Android

I just dont agree on the 5-6 meals part amd the connected starvatin mode conclusion. Thats not true at all...

20 Sep
I see that ur saying it's not true..that's cool,but where's ur proof or reasoning?please rappa entertain me
20 Sep
I could easily ask you the same. Since you are the one making the claims.
20 Sep
Just one thing. Most people who eat pretty regular eat 3 meals a day. Some might cut it into 4. Does this mean that all those people their bodies are in a starvation motion mode? Starvation mode is about big deflicts of kcal intake. Thats whats it about.
20 Sep
If u read what I wrote correctly, then u would see that the myth states that if u starve yourself and don't eat then your body goes into starvation mode,if ur eating 3 meals your not starving yourself now are you?? But u have to eat 5-6 small meals a day and have a good workout regimen to either lose or gain weight...if you went to school for personal training and knew something about nutrition then please correct me..if not then be in denial about the body's chemistry and proof,NSCA the absolute bible of fitness training.
278 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 7:46pm
via Android

That's why trainers make meal plans for their clients,therefore the fats carbs and proteins are broke down into percentages so that fatTy snacks are eliminated,my snack consists of fruits vegetables,but either way as long as you burn more calories then put into your body then you will see results just not as fast,and if a person is suffering from obesity at an adults age then when they were a kid their parents shoved food in their mouth to shut them up or buy them video games instead of playing outside with them,irrelevant. .yes I know, but life has a domino effect and a person who eats three meals a day obviously wants to do nothing but see results thinking that if they eat less without working out is gonna be magic,and those people either need to pick up a book instead of googling information,but now it makes sense to me.

11 Posts
May 27, 2014 10:35pm
via Android

Hey JC, I have a question.  When i look in the mirror I can see a 6 pack unfortunately its the fat on the outside that hides it. I read what you said about not losing more than 2 lbs. A week and that's ok but are the.workouts I'm doing for my abs the right ones? Please get back to me.

24 Posts
May 28, 2014 1:33am
via Android

Thanks for those tips/pieces of information. I really appreciate the advice since I'm trying to lose weight and sometimes it can be tough to figure what's true and what's not

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51