Anyone have advice for eating more?

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 2:04am
via Android

I have got into a bad habit of not eating until like 2pm or later. It started with just skipping breakfast and now I basically only eat dinner. I'm trying to gain weight but the thought of eating breakfast makes me sick. I've read things telling me to start slow and try smoothies but I just wanted to see if anyone had any other advice as neither have seemed to work out for me. Anything that is quick and easy would be best since I always seem to be in a rush. Thank you.

20 Sep
Granola bar and smoothie works fine In the AM. Try it out and see how your body responds.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 2:55am
via Android

I have this EXACT same issue. The best thing I found because I basically can't eat in the morning is smoothies. Pack as much fruit and veggies as you can. It boost you for the day plus you feel much better. I have a small side of toast so I can get nice and hungry by one at least again.

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 2:57am
via Android

What do your smoothies normally consist of?

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 3:02am
via Android

For the morning I will do a fruit smoothie. A basic blend of yogurt and fruit ( I.e. i use strawberries, bananas, blueberries and maybe a kiwi) and orange juice or mango juice ( preferably pure). It really has been helping tons and I prepare the fruit the night before to save time

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 3:04am
via Android

That's a good idea. I've been trying to make them in the morning but normally don't have enough time so making it the night before makes so much sense I can't believe it didn't even cross my mind! LoL ;P

Image_thumb
278 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 3:19am
via Android

6 small meals a day (breakfast, breakfast snack,lunch, lunch snack,dinner,dinner snack) daily calorie intake is 2000, if ur trying to gain healthy weight you need 2700-3000 as your caloric intake....yes smoothies work,but u already skipped 3 meals...unless that smoothie has a big mac grinded up in it,I highly doubt that smoothie is 1500 calories  by itself lol eat more to gain that 1-2 lbs a week..you have to eat to gain weight and u have to eat to lose weight,but your meals have to be broken in to fats,carbs,and protein percentages,to make meal plans I use calorieking.com God Bless!

20 Sep
To be fair I said it's a good starter for the day... not your entire meal for the day
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 3:29am
via Android

Plus I take weight gainer for the extra calories, carbs and protein. What I was looking for was just advice on ways to get my stomach used to it so I can get up to eating multiple times a day.

Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 4:02am
via Android

Smoothies can be a little to much sugar if u not careful you may want to add some natural peanut butter to those smooth it adds protein good fats to keep from spiking your blood sugar

Image_thumb
265 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 10:35am
via Android

If I'm in a hurry I have cereal. Usually something high fibre and a bit of fresh strawberry.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 1:23pm
via Android

I also forgot to mention that if you're trying to gain some weight the best way I heard at least is to have a protein shake or meal replacement drink before having something small if you really do not feel like eating :)

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 1:42pm
via Android

I have an 8.8 lb jug of weight gainer right now. Has a ton of calories, carbs and protein, so in that area I think I'm ok. I am mostly worried about getting some actual solids in my body.

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 4:59pm
via iOS
Eat any and everying in sight

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51