Sore Throat and Upcoming Singing Audition. HELP!

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
37 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 8:05pm
via Android

I have a horrible sore throat and I would like to know what kind of home treatments there are so that I can rid myself of this painful ailment. Also, I have a choral audition in which I have to sing a high A so the sooner I can get rid of this sore throat, the better. One more thing, I hate, hate, hate cough drops and tea. Hope you guys can help!

21 Sep
Drink something hot. Like coffee but stay away from chocolate. I used to be in chorus so I under my your throat must feel but yea I always drink something hot and it seems to help me
21 Sep
I found that drinking lemon juice straight up works pretty well for temporary relief. But you need a strong stomach to drink it.
21 Sep
Honey & hot green tea works like a charm for me! Good luck (:
21 Sep
Thanks!
Image_thumb
122 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 8:09pm
via Android

We always gargle warm water & asprin then swallow tasted horrible but soothes pains

21 Sep
Do you crush the aspirin?
21 Sep
Gargle with warm water and salt, spit out don't swallow
Image_thumb
122 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 8:26pm
via Android

Can crush if coated or dissolve regular asprin by stiring. 

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 8:27pm
via Android

Prefence is non coated

21 Sep
Rest & quiet till audition. Remedy usually clears up my throat 24 hours. Less if I do it at onset
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 10:18pm
via iOS
I have a wicked sore throat right now!! Third day. Here's what I'm doing: LOTS of liquids, especially water and tea (throat coat tea), ibuprofen as often as I can and I just found out from a pharmacist that allergy medication might help because of the irritation from dust. I don't have allergies but he said it can't hurt and it might help, so what do I have to lose? I'm going to try that before going to bed because I find that whn I wake up it's most painful after breathing all night. It's not curing it but all of the things I've done have really helped the pain go down.
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 8:30pm
via iOS
Have you tried the throat lozenges? Like halls? Soup, avoid tomatoes and tea.

All the best for your audition!
25 Sep
I don't like throat lozenges.
25 Sep
Okay. I hope your feeling better.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 8:37pm
via Android

Warm water and lemon is really good for sore throats and it also flushes toxins out of your system

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51