How heavy should weights be to tone arms

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 11:08pm
via Android

How much weights /reps should be used to tone your arms.

Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 3:35am
via Android

The fastest way is to lift a weight heavy enough you can't exceed 12 reps. Aim for 8-12 reps and 2-3 sets. Oh, and don't forget to break a sweat :D

28 Sep
Also, it may take different weights for different muscles. For example, when following what I said before, I use 10 lbs for biceps, 5-8lbs for triceps, and 5-10lbs for deltoids/shoulders (depending on the lift). I also do a lot of body weight stuff like pushups, full planks, shoulder taps, etc. Please please pleases do not lift a weight that does not challenge you. It is a waste of time.
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Sep 28, 2013 8:39pm
via iOS
Many ppl believe the heavier the weights the better, but in this case if you want to tone start by using smaller weights. For woman 2,5,10 and 15 (each arm) are all good amounts to tone ( may be different for men) if you want bulky and large arms and bigger muscle then I would say 20+ weights (each arm).
29 Sep
I use weights over 20lbs and I don't have big bulky arms!
29 Sep
I can't wait to get up to 20! I have to work my way up lol I'm a weakling. I know a lot of woman at the gym who lift well over 20 and their arms a beautiful and surprisingly not bulky at all. I guess it's genetics?
29 Sep
I use 20/25lbs-my arms are not bulky. I do 20/30reps 2sets..
29 Sep
No ferrari. Its just because toning doesnt exist and 'bulky' arm on girls are really hard to get. If you want your arms too look a lil different go as heavy as you can while holding good form.
29 Sep
Oh, you.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 28, 2013 8:45pm
via Android

Thank you

28 Sep
I tried 3lb weights consistently for a year and DID NOT get any tone out of it. If you can do over 20 reps no problem then you are wasting your time.
28 Sep
Thts bc yu did 3lbs for a year..
29 Sep
Yeah, no shit.
29 Sep
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 29, 2013 1:48am
via Android

What are shoulder wraps

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 30, 2013 8:50pm
via Android

Low weight high reps to slim and tone. Heavier weights lower reps for bulk. To tone biceps, I do burnouts with 5 pound weights. If you're a beginner, start lower. 1-3 pounds would be ideal. Happy trails!

01 Oct
Thts exactly what I was saying!!!!!
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 30, 2013 8:58pm
via Android

What are burnouts?

30 Sep
Burnouts are lifting the weight until muscle failure, or until you can't lift the weight any more.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51