I want to know

9 posts | Original | Recent
34 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 11:56pm
via Android

....eight months ago my husband left for drugs ... every day I wander was I not good enough am I not pretty am I attractive at all

24 Sep
Aye thats my name
18 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 12:08am
via Android

You are amazing yet when someone wants drugs more then you. It's their lost sweetie not yours. Stay strong and keep moving forward all you need is the Lord and you, the rest will come as it may.

104 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 12:14am
via Android

Are the 3 kids in you pics yalls?

24 Sep
Thats not the point, addiction overrides everything no matter what you got waiting at home. The point os its not your fault its got nothing to do with you. To answer your question, you are and keep up tje good work. Dont let this hold you back.
24 Sep
Yes our kids are in my pics
24 Sep
Hes got more problems then even he knows. Only a fool chooses substance over family pardon that but its true. You look better then you see yourself. Keep your head up. Keep at it.
24 Sep
Thanks Matt
24 Sep
Very welcome, hollar anytime
562 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 1:41am
via iOS
I know this has got nothing to do with addiction but I have a friend whose bipolar and borderline. He's quite a lot to handle and used to blame myself when he went through his lows...like it was something i said. I made him feel bad but I realize now that he alone is responsible and accountable for his behavior not me. I do not need to fix him. It's his process not mine.
950 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 4:35pm
via Android

Addiction is one of the worst diseases, so much guilt and pain and destruction and it all SEEMS so avoidable. There's a comedy act out there maybe by Mitch Hedberg where he makes a joke about how we get mad at an alcoholic for drinking but we don't get mad at a guy with lupus for having lupus.

Knowing this doesn't make the pain or the anger or the guilt go away though. Addiction's a very destructive thing but you know what, you're not alone.

Look into support groups in your area. I know that al-anon is very helpful for people just like yourself to find people who know exactly what you're going through, come to a deeper understanding of yourself and the addict/addiction, and to finally build/find a place of peace you can move on from.

122 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 11:12pm
via Android

What kind of drugs?

144 Posts
Sep 25, 2013 5:59am

Brandi you said it yourself..."my husband left for drugs"  he didnt leave for anyone else or anything you did or didnt do. He left for drugs and hes an addict, which sucks because maybe you still love him and want to help (seems like maybe you even blame yourself). But this one he has to come to grips with himself. If you can, let go and focus on your little ones. You gotta be there for them because he cant. Do your workouts for you. Do them for your kids and maybe someday he gets sober and realizes all that he missed. At that point you can decide if you want him back in you or yor kids life. But for now know that it isnt you, hug your kids, and enjoy every minute of their childhood!

15 Posts
Sep 25, 2013 12:58pm
via Android

When I was 3 my father chose a job that paid him in booze instead of money to buy milk for my baby sister... he also chose drugs over us so my mom kicked him out ... he visited for a little while before he moved far away and then we only heard from him once every 4 or 5 years (mostly it was us trying to get in touch).  His actions never hit him until he got sick and his only option was quit our die tomorrow, and even at that I think he was finally just tired of it cause he was getting old.  By then he realized what he gave up and tried to make things right, he called my mom and said he was sorry he messed up and she was the best thing that ever happened to him and he loved her but he made some bad choices.  He started calling my sister and I at least twice a month sometimes more and for the first time since I was 4 we saw him in person and spent a weekend with him and two months later he died alone in his home and no one knew for 16 days. This may sound morbid but I thank God everyday that he woke up from his addictions because so many out there don't. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the fact that he was to weak to say no the first time he tried it.  There is nothing you could have done to change that for him. The best thing you can do for yourself and your babies is show them what a strong person looks like, never speak badly about their dad if they could possibly hear it and most importantly pray that he doesn't wait till it is to late to be a positive post of their lives.

25 Sep
Just so you know you are a beautiful woman don't ever doubt that! !
118 Posts
Sep 26, 2013 12:28am
via Android

I've been down that path before. Dont blame yourself when I was in my addiction I gave up everything just for drugs. I abandoned my family and friends. There is nothing anyone can do in those cases. Its up to him to pull out of it. Stay strong and keep him in your prayers that's the best you can do. And most importantly remember its not your fault at all.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51