How does one return to exercising after being ill?

4 posts | Original | Recent
9 Posts
Oct 6, 2013 8:28am
via Android

Just getting over being ill for a week and a half. I have not had the energy or strength to exercise at all. How does anyone return to a exercise routine without injury after being ill?

06 Oct
You can take some Short workouts that trains the place You were injuered in if You have trouble with training, but if not You can train the same way that You did before (that was what I did and) but you have to test out how hard You can go.
06 Oct
I saw now that i did not answer compleatly right, just take it easy, some small workouts now and then.
06 Oct
Do casual workouts and run for a week then go back to.normal
731 Posts
Oct 6, 2013 1:42pm
via iOS
Just get back at it. One week away from training is not long at all.
06 Oct
Thanks for reply. I decided to do just that & charge the bull. Lol
170 Posts
Oct 6, 2013 9:15pm
via iOS
Start gradually increasing intensity after each couple if workouts and increase the amount of food u eat gradually to get ur metabolism up again cause I'm sure when u were sick u did not eat much so they key is to gradually increase everything, hope this helps :)
06 Oct
Thanks for the reply. I have no appetite at all. I eat the bare minimum right now. So your right a gradual increase in healthy foods would benefit me most. I will work on that soon as i still don't feel like my old self.
07 Oct
Just remember that al skimblers are by ur side, keep pushing ur self
168 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 11:04am
via iOS
Yep, just get back at it. First it sucks, just like when you started, but your body will remember soon how to act ;) 

I am sick right now and i already hate the thought i need to start exercising again, 'cause lets face it: it's never fun after having a break. :D 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51