Muscle Toning/Gain?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 12:35pm
via Android

Hay :) I really need some tips/workouts I can do to tone my muscles more and gain them :) I'm only 13 so my body is still growing etc. And I want to stick to a healthy diet...I eat about...1200-1400 calories a day...thanks Celine x

07 Oct
Kik me @ mjmayank or follow me on instagram mjstar001
07 Oct
play in sports. Take a weight training class. For muscle definition lift &eat protein like fish,salmon, chicken. U r on the right track on being healthy:-)
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 8:22pm
via Android

You shouldn't lift heavy weights in your age. It's not healthy. Better do lots of bodyweight exercises and sport

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 9:32pm
via iOS
Don't do weightlifting. You too young. Just eat healthy and be active. Tone when you're older.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 10:00pm
via Android

Recent studies show weightlifting for teens is ok, if not excellent. Use light weights, more sets and repetitions with a complete and correct range of motion with perfect form. All that jibba-jabba about stunting growth and whatever is nonsense.

07 Oct
Lol and how many boys and girls of 13 are going to lift with that perfect form? None. Or they all should get a lifting coach which is patient enough with them and likewise. A thats not going to happen either. So the advise to wait a lil longer with weighttraining is not wrong or jibba whatever.
08 Oct
So have them learn early? I mean you said yourself the problem is they won't do exercises correctly. I think...or I hope...teens these days are somewhat competent and can follow directions. Or we can take the passive approach and have them learn from the Jersey Shore, MTV, uninformed friends and muscle magazines.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51