Question to all the breathing experts.

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 5:12am
via Android

When I'm doing squats or deadlifts I have been getting light headed. Since I had switched my pre-workout to assault by muscle pharm I hadn't been getting light headed as much. But lately it's coming back. Even without a pre-workout. I exhale on the lift and inhale on the descent. Any suggestions that I might be able to try? My other lifts don't ever bother me. Just legs.

16 Oct
Maybe something medical? Go to a doctor, cause you can't train like you want anymore.
17 Oct
Sounds like a vasovegal response. You should look it up.
Icon_missing_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 11:34am
via Android

Yes.u should consult ur
doctor..

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 8:03pm
via Android

Been to dr before for injuries and every time I'm healthy as far as blood pressure and stuff.

16 Oct
Common train of thought would be to investigate your cardiac function, light headed symptoms may be an indicator of a problem with your oxygen delivery system
16 Oct
Didn't think about that how the oxygen travels. Thanks for the advice
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 5:16pm
via Android

(New here .. not sure if im responding in the right place lol) have you found anything out about this? Ways to prevent it? I thought i was the only one. Any other exercises do not bother me at all.  Except for squats and glute bridges.  Those make me lightheaded/a little dizzy/just feel strange and not well. Im completely healthy i get physicals regularly. But it sucks bc it makes me hate them SOOOO much that i pretty much wont do them. And im a girl new at trying to build a bigger butt haha so it really sucks. Come across any tips? :)

23 Jan
I never went to see a doctor but I ended up switching workouts and it hasn't been as bad lately. I don't if the different intensity levels of the workouts are what caused it or I just got through it. I have also been stretching a lot more before I workout too.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51