Anyone who has been in my situation

19 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 5:52pm
via Android

I would love to follow some people and take advice from anyone who has been like me, All through life and want to gain muscle and body mass. Im 23 years old and weight 50-55kg I have a short goal to get to 60kg and then 65kg
But I cant seem to break the Plato on gain Anyone been here before? I feel like I almost hav no hope because im already 23 yrs old and havr weighed 50-55 all my life

Has anyone out there been like this and overcome it to gain some noticable body mass

18 Oct
You need a minimum of 120 grams of protein daily along with 5 to 6 days of working with heavy weights. Low reps and high weight. 3 sets of 6 and if you can easily finish that set than its not hard enough. Your muscles should be shaking by the last set. But you really must increase your calorie intake to about 4000 calories a day as long as you are working out. Otherwise the extra calories will turn to fat.
18 Oct
Wow thank you so much dee that's really awesome info ill try to stick to that then cheers! :)
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 6:27pm
via Android

Hii Daniel.....first of all temme ur height....den will try n giv tips...

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 6:30pm
via Android

Height is 5ft 9  thank :)

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 9:26pm

Had the same problem,

Key is kinda easy: Get started, really that's it, just go workout 5 days in a week or something:

day 1: tricep and chest (bench pressing,chest flyers etc.)

day 2: (lower)back and little bit of legs (deadlifts, pull ups, bent-over row etc.)

day 3: shoulders and bicep(clean and press etc.)

day 4: rest

and repeat,

this is just what i do since a few weeks so not saying like u should do this, but just saying wat i am currently up to ;)

gl & hf

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Oct 17, 2013 6:21am
via Android

Alright no worries ill give that a shot, thanks again for the help really appreciate it!

Image_thumb
50 Posts
Oct 17, 2013 1:24pm
via Android

Just eat eat eat!  calories are key!  You could buy weightgainer shakes they help get extra calories in.
Train hard!  and change workout routine every 6weeks or so because otherwise your Body is gonna get used to the workload and movements meaning no gains.  oh and lots of sleep to
Good luck!  if you got any questions Im.glad to help

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Oct 17, 2013 1:53pm
via Android

Thanks ramon ill try to find a few different workouts

17 Oct
But eat healthy...& often
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Oct 17, 2013 2:07pm
via Android

Weightlifting and eating.

Its hard for you to really gain weight. But sure is possible.

If i were you i would check into Mark Rippletoe. One of the best lifting coaches arround. He has a great starters programme. Its called starting strenght. Its an full body routine focussing on the big compound lifts. Which will benefit you ALOT more than isolation work.

Next to this increased calorie intake. There are a few ways to do this. Clean bulk and the big bulk. Its important for you to consume enough protein. If i were you look into strenght training and read some articles about it.

Goodluck.

Image_thumb
512 Posts
Oct 17, 2013 9:58pm
via Android

I had the same problem, but I'm 15.I tried to gain weight by eating much fat, but it didn't work. The last month I ate many proteins and worked out. I gained 7 kilos and got a nice six-pack

18 Oct
7kg in a month ?
18 Oct
49867_1250293197_5389744_n_thumb
1 Post
Oct 18, 2013 4:27am
via Android

It worked for my son who is 15. He gained about 4-5 Kilo a month over thr summer. The boy is ripped now.

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 11:46am
via Android

Thank you all so much everything really helps and is makingna massive difference great support cheers :)

Icon_missing_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 4:09pm
via Android

I used to be 35 kg when I was 13
I ate a lot of carbs and now im 14 and I weigh 57 kg. Im also tone. Try eating eggs and rice a lot

Image_thumb
44 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 4:18pm
via Android

I've had this same problem for awhile! I started to eat clean, but I've taken a break from that for now. I literally eat everything in site. Lol. Gained about 7 pounds in a couple weeks though. Calories & protein is what I focus on most. I try to not each that much sugar.

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 4:32pm
via Android

Yer I may need to start counting protein and calories intake! Time to build some body mass/muscles already on the eggs and eating clean but I dont want to use protein shakes if I can help it,

Will if I need to though

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 3:39pm
via iOS
Mit uk bypuofp fht
 Nilg  
Oopoopoo
Loop
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 3:42pm
via iOS
Mit uk bypuofp fht
 Nilg  
Oopoopoo
Loop
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 3:44pm
via iOS
Mit uk bypuofp fht
 Nilg  
Oopoopoo
Looppzhysz
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Feb 26, 2014 9:49pm
via Android

Most cosume more than average calories but not unhealthy food and workout twice as much i knoe it seem strange but it works.stay active use a weight vest when working out.

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Feb 26, 2014 10:50pm
via iOS
Man if you wanna gain some weight just eat everything that crosses your face, if you see, smell, hear, any food ... Go get it

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51