Physical Ability Test

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 5:54pm
via Android

I have a Physical Ability Test for the police department in my home city coming up in a month. In the email received regarding this test, it mentioned "may have to"...climb a 6ft wall... climb a chain link fence..climb a rope... as apart of an obstacle. I am in pretty decent shape. ..I work out abouy 5 days a week.
But my question is...my gym doesn't have a rope to climb...or anything like that . So does anyone know what I could use to train with to simulate : climbing a fence. ..wall. .rope?
Thanks in advance.

18 Oct
Ask someone in town if you could use there actual fence to climb. I'm sure someone will be happy to help someone who is training for the local police department. :)
18 Oct
Yeah good idea . ..I guess I can use some family members fences and walls lol... maybe I can do more pull ups in the gym too.
18 Oct
A 6 foot wall is nothing you pretty much grab the top and jump and pull yourself up, some of them will have a rope so it's not a big deal and the fence isnt either. Believe it or not a good idea is also if you have a pull up bar at home or even a tree limb will work, you can do pull ups on it, or at the gym and while you're doing it practice changing position and sliding side to side and alternate turning around in other words grab the bar reverse your hands flip your...
18 Oct
Carl Thanks bro. .. Yeah I didn't think the wall thing and fence thing would be a big deal. .. but I don't climb Walls and fences regularly so like u said I didn't want to make a fool of myself. But yeah thanks for that info never thought to do that stuff u mentioned with my pull ups will be doing that tonight. Thanks again man really appreciate it.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 6:18pm
via Android

Yeah good idea . ..I guess I can use some family members fences and walls lol... maybe I can do more pull ups in the gym too.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51