It's time to get fit again!

155 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 9:05am
via Android

I am a MMA fighter and have taken a few years off and have really balloned up lol. I'm right now 261lbs and need to get down to 198-192lbs. If any body would like to hold me accountable to my goals by bothering me about my eating and exercise. I will mention the most annoying but helpful people when I win my next fight hopefully in early 2014.

22 Oct
R u ufc?
22 Oct
I'm not at that level but that is my goal!!!
02 Nov
Did you get any exercise in yet, Michael?
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 3:00pm
via Android

Like always its just me and my bad a$$ doing this all alone... lol. I'll call yesterday... resterday and today I'll call it hum... getyourbuttbackatitday yeah that sounds good.

28 Oct
Think positive and rember if you done it before you can do it again :) plus you have all of us to help you out. You can do it!
08 Dec
What do you mean bad a$$?!
370644_641311719_964134650_n_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 4:40pm
via Android

Sounds awesome man. I'm curious what your diet and exercise routine will consist of. I've always wanted the body style of an mma fighter and would love to get back at it with you. I'm currently 199lbs and only 5'7.

22 Oct
Diet no restrictions just avoiding bad fats and high sugars. My daily intake will increase to around 4000-6000 calories and my exercise will include calisthenics and MMA training(boxing kickboxing and jiu jitsu) my weight training is very low weights but high reps( example- bench press ill just lift the bar around 100-150 times at a slow pace) my daily calorie expenditures will be between 10,000 to 12,500 this is measured with a heart rate monitor. I'm starting out slow but ill be there soon.
370644_641311719_964134650_n_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 4:52pm
via Android

From my perspective that is a huge amount of calories to burn daily. How many hours are you dedicating to working out daily?

22 Oct
Not as hard as you would think... keeping your heart rate above 60% for most of the day will do it. I do cardio like running rowing or simular for a hour and half. With the MMA training full days consist of 2hours each style and half days are an hour with one or two styles. With the monitor I use it has an alarm when my heart rate is too low so ill hit 50-100 jumping jacks on the spot its only weird when I bust out in line at Quick trip or something. My work consists of walking...
22 Oct
And yeah with your size I would keep between 3000 and 4000 calories and burn 4500 to 6500 daily.
23 Oct
I keep telling him its too many calories! He doesn't listen to me!!!
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Oct 23, 2013 6:08am
via iOS
one word 
Insanity
download the cardio version online
Icon_missing_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 23, 2013 6:25am
via Android

Hey Michael you are awesome man...wish I could have that much time for that level of fitness....really appreciating....

Image_thumb
96 Posts
Oct 23, 2013 9:02am
via Android

You will come there!
You look soo motivate!

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 24, 2013 2:52pm
via Android

I'm down to 257. And its time to go running.

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 24, 2013 7:19pm
via Android

Just did my run with my Rottweiler and dang is he fast.Running Fight Sim
Now its time for kickboxing.

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 1:55am
via Android

Well I napped and now its time for a walk with the wifey then I'm off to work in 3 hours, I'll be working out at work so let me know if any body wants to hit some exercises tonight. Ill do any work out that require no equipment.

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 5:18am
via Android

So who is working out right now? And what are you doing so I can join you?

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 9:10am
via Android

Since everybody is kik crazy... if you are over 18 you can hit me up at WiiDKing

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 10:04am
via Android

MMA Push Up Set done. Now Shoulder Killers and if I can still move MMA Ab Set

09 Nov
Legend thankyou for the workouts of a pro
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 11:26am
via Android

I eat, I train, I sleep. GSP says it best, "When I go to sleep I know I am better than when I woke up!" Every day you will see Improvement.

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 3:17am
via Android

Wife had to go to hospital. She is now home and doing good. So I am back at it. Confession I didn't eat well over the last 48 hours due to the stress and inconvenients staying at a hospital.

09 Nov
Bro I hope she is doing amazingly now, keep pushing best of luck
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 5:35am
via Android

I'm at work nows my to get in some work outs. Any work outs suggested? I can do any that require no equipment. Challenge me!!!

27 Oct
My time***
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 10:16am
via iOS
I need some feedback on my bruce lee work out. I did a lot of research while I was in the hospital and have come up with a good work out I just need to see how it works for everyone. I sure it will need some fine tuning. thanks for your time and effort. keep up all the hard work.
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 1:57pm
via Android

Can I get a training buddy that really wants to motivate, challenge and succeed by holding each other accountable? I have had to many people say yeah lets do it then I never hear from them again. I work out consistently I use this program for calisthenics ploymetrics and yoga. I use runkeeper for any running biking hiking. I do boxing kickboxing and Jiu jitsu training on a custom app I created using basic timers. If you are looking to make changes in your life help me help you. Lets do this...

Image_thumb
265 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 2:32pm
via Android

Well, I'm a fairly active person but I tend to workout less using Skimble during busy times. I'm mostly a runner but I've swapped over to cycling and HIIT cardio to rest up my knees and ankles.

I reckon I can *bother* you about working out extremely well though. I'll take you up on this mutual motivation.

Anyways, I just did Bootcamp Workout, Marine Corps Style, if you wanted a workout idea. It's a toughie for me since I'm not that great on upper body strength. A nice warmup for you, maybe?

27 Oct
Oh, most of my cardio is tracked through an app called Endomondo. It has a challenge system that I find very motivational.
27 Oct
Thank you for the motivational support... I'm going to check out endomondo next time I run which should be in a few hours... I need to nap since o was up all night at work.
27 Oct
No worries. Definitely, get some sleep in! Take care, I look forward to hearing from you about your many many workouts.
000_0225_thumb
154 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 5:41pm
via Android

Ill bug u about working out. Its really all I do right now till next duty station for my hubby. Still in limbo so decided to lose some pounds and tone up. Im always logging workouts on here. Today is my cardio day and tomorrow is leg day. Im on my stationary bike as we speak. Anyway I guess we could use this thread to update each other on what we did for the day. Will post again later. Look forward to being ur online workout buddy

27 Oct
That would be great...I had to work all last night so I'm going to nap right now ill be up in like 2 hours or so then its time for cardio. Lets get shredded then.
27 Oct
Sounds like a plan. :) so need to get toned and get my dream body. Always better working out with someone else to talk to and keep pushing u. Even if its online still will help :-)
Image_thumb
265 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 10:09pm
via Android

Really short on time today so I'll probably do lots of mini workouts off skimble:
3 mins of lifting and benchpresses with 30 kg weights.
2 mins of 5 reps: pushups, situps, leg lifts.
3 minutes cycling: 20 sec intense, 20 sec moderate.

I'll post more as I get to it.

27 Oct
Nice keep up the hard work. I just woke so I'm off and running ill post soon too.
27 Oct
Cool! I just went up 5 levels of stairs rather than taki the lifts today ao that adds on =)
000_0225_thumb
154 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 10:18pm
via Android

Ok my today was cut short as my passing out kicked in. got to go over my food journal but I think its from not really sleeping. Anyway today was cardio day. Did couch to 5k my first day of the first week. then did an hour biking and finally taking my chiwennie for a walk. Hope u did as well or better on ur workouts today

27 Oct
Can you post a pic of the chiwinie? Ill post one of my Rottweiler soon Too. I'm awake now so I'm off and running.
27 Oct
Lol yeah ill post one on halloween in her tigger outfit. She hates it though. Growls while in it :-) haha
27 Oct
She doesn't hate it. She is playing the part. Lol
27 Oct
Lol! tigger doesnt growl :P
000_0225_thumb
154 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 12:48am

28 Oct
Kyah! So cuuuuuuute! I wanna cuddle it!!!
28 Oct
*melting*
28 Oct
this is my little bugger! shes so needy and whines even when i go to the bathroom. shes worst than a human baby! lol! shes lucky shes cute!
28 Oct
I don't say Omg often but: OMG! She is sooo adorable!
28 Oct
Awe such a cuttie.
000_0225_thumb
154 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 1:10am

Game plan tomorrow for leg day:

9 min empowering morning stretch

Work it till it hurts (booty)- 46 mins

Work it till it hurts (thighs and booty)- 47 mins

Daily butt workout- 5 mins

Training for warriors #2 lower body/ core- 29 mins

100 sec wall sit

Squats: forget what im up to but i add 2 more every time i do it. Plus tomorrow i add 8 pound dumbbells to it.

Lunges: adding weights to it tomorrow. Add 2 more every day also

Jumping jacks: think im at 170 for tomorrow. I add 10 everyday i do them :)

I will also do Cardio boxing and biking in the morning before I eat breakfast :)

Oh yeah forgot have to go to the store first to get fresh fruit and all to make smoothies. Got my new blender and its awesome!

Hope you guys post your game plan for tomorrow too. Its only us 3 now posting in here, but maybe more people will come join us.

P.S: Ill be posting a before pic and after pic 1st of december.

Have a great night!

28 Oct
Looks awesome! Enjoy!
28 Oct
I will let us know what ur plans r :-)
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 1:26am
via Android

Tonight MMA Ab Set and Chip Squats
Tomorrow morning run with runkeeper and my elavation training mask Elevation Mask Run Level 2. I still need to test my new work out True Bruce Lee Isometrics so I'm going to do two run throughs and revise it as necessary. Me and my wifey will being doing Fit Pregnancy at some point. And after my run and my isometrics I'll do THE GURU'S POST-WORKOUT.
For my MMA ill be doing a ground and pound exercise for 45 minutes and kickboxing for 1 hour.

28 Oct
whats chip squats? Sounds like a busy day :) Do you schedule a leg day and day....or u just do whatever each day?
28 Oct
Its a very effective exercise for legs and butt. If you weigh under 150lbs you aim for 2:15, 200-150lbs you aim for 2:40, over 200lbs under 3 minutes... hold 10 poker chips or simular items. Set chip 1 down by squating stand up squat and pick up chip 1 then squat set down chip 1 stand, squat set down chip 2 stand squat pick up chip 1 stand squat pick up chip 2... this continues through ten chips. If done correctly most people won't be able to walk normal the next few days... the most I've done is 25 chips...
28 Oct
No specific target area... I work full body for functional strength... if abs are sore I focus on lower back, biceps sore work triceps, shoulders sore work neck, butt sore work hips, hamstring sore work quads.
28 Oct
Wow ok sounds different. Ive done 1,000 squats in one day and ur right so sore but epsom salt bath helped. Lol ok I see how u do it. I aim for arms or abs one day. Then next day is all cardio. Going to see how it goes but might switch up again.
28 Oct
Woah! Hardcore. Go for it!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51