Quit smoking

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 2:50am
via Android

Hey all i want to quit smoking just want to know what others have done to quit

22 Oct
I basically just smoked less and in two weeks just quit. I didn't hang around any smokers to avoid temptation and after a month i hardly even thought about it. It's so weird not being a smoker anymore lol
22 Oct
Try gum make stop smoke would be help.. my friend quit smoke and eat smoke not think of smoke
12 Nov
Quitting was easy once I convinced myself I actually wanted to quit, instead of just saying oh I'm trying to quit. Car rides are the worse lol but have gum ready and I just remind myself how bad they really are. Cigarette free since July :)
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 5:08am
via Android

I've tried quitting and failed countless times! But know I'm a light smoker and crave lotsa junk food.

22 Oct
I quit smoking 2 months ago hardest thing ecer to do
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 12:24pm
via Android

I read "the Easy Way to Stop Smoking" great book I highly recommend it. You may say how can a book help but I assure you quitting is just a matter of your mind being in the right place and looking at things the right way and this book helps a lot with that.

was at a pack a day, Smoke free two years now.

23 Oct
I just quit buying them. Lol
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 3:39pm
via Android

I quit smoking about 3months ago after smoking everyday for 6years.

It just struck me that every time I smoke I'm taking away pieces of my life..and if you only live once, I wanna live for the longest possible time so I just went cold turkey. Like don't say you'll quit after the pack is done or on monday or whatever. Just throw away the cigarettes you have left.

Everytime I needed to smoke I did something else instead like drink coffee. The cravings do go away eventually. Still want to smoke sometimes but it's not difficult to say no now. No regrets.. can't believe what difference it actually made during cardio.

Just decide you want to quit and remind yourself why you want to quit. Like to see your kids grow up one day or to even have kids or whatever you like

Good luck!

Image_thumb
512 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 8:42pm
via Android

E-Zigs are good.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 23, 2013 2:35am
via iOS
Ecig hands down. 6 moths smoke free a few days ago. Works when drinking too. Ha
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 23, 2013 8:41pm
via Android

Quit 16 months ago after smoking for 30 years! You have to make your mind up that you want it, understand that you will have cravings and that is ok. Don't worry about weight or other things.  Take it day it day! Good luck; you can do it!

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 24, 2013 12:13am
via Android

I have been smoke and caffeine free for 10 days now, haven't felt this good or had this much energy in 20 years. Every time I got the urge to light up, I would do push ups and sit ups until I was so sore and winded that I couldn't smoke even if I had one to light up.    10 days later I have found myself jogging 3 miles a day and doing 200 push ups and 100 sit ups a day. Along with some small changes in my diet and I am starting to see definition in my muscles that hasn't been there since I was a teenager. I have so much energy and feel great, not to mention the money saved and cannot see myself EVER going back to my destructive lifestyle. 

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 10:56am
via Android

So since posting this topic i have cut my smoking down heaps. I have gone from having at least 30 a day to only having 2 today and target to be smoke free by sunday as it will be my 30th birthday so thanks for all your sugestions and support

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 11, 2013 11:01am
via Android

Congrats.  I only smoked for 2 and a half years but the way I quit was convincing myself I wanted to quit. You have to believe it to achieve it. Cold turkey stopped and a year smoke free now.

Image_thumb
202 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 12:05pm
via Android

Hi Andrew, , you can do it mate. I used to smoke eh, started in the Navy, when I was 15, yes 15. Kept smoking until, finally, after gradually cutting down, I stopped after a big Christmas work party 12 1/2 years ago. Took up running after that, playing hockey, teaching my kids to be fit ,...... etc, and have never had one since. You can do it too mate. Guts, goals, determination, help and encouragement from us allon here, you will be right. All the best mate.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 12, 2013 6:29am
via Android

What's working for me right now is not laying the whole concept of quitting completely on my shoulders. Instead, I just tell myself I'm not smoking at certain places and certain times. Which is working pretty well. I pretty much don't smoke at all while I'm at work except for on lunchwhich I'll be completely cutting that out soon. Then I'll move on to not smoking outside of work, etc.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51