Whey protein or Soy protein?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 11:02am
via Android

Which do you prefer soy or whey? and what brand you use?

27 Oct
27 Oct
Whey far sure! Your also sexy!
28 Oct
Whey isolate has more protein less of the fat
05 Nov
Go for ON brand gold standard whey! Best nd tastes good nd pure
Icon_missing_thumb
36 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 11:04am
via iOS
Whey
28 Oct
Go with whey
28 Oct
Optima
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 11:28am
via Android

Soy increases estrogen which is not good for building muscle. You should avoid soy unless you are
post-menopause.

27 Oct
Oh and the brand I like is isopure
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 12:22pm
via Android

Whey protein is more complete and better for instant protein needs.

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 2:47pm
via Android

How much protein do these give? I read recently that 20 grams was the max amount of protein absorbed for muscle rebuilding after a workout (how do they even figure that out I don't know)

But I can get that much in a half can of tuna and a hard boiled egg. There are so many natural options that are pretty easy. A shake is delicious yeah but prep and cleanup of a blender make the "instant" debatable and the whole "processed" nature of the protein seems a bit of a turn-off. Not to mention a lot of them have added sugar and whatever else.

Maybe for real bodybuilding? I don't know.. who out there really highly recommends protein shakes and why?

27 Oct
Isopure has a no sugar or better yet a no carb version and yes depending on your size the body can only break down about 15-25 grams of protein every few hours you will pee out uric acid (that's how they tested it) or if the amount becomes to much strain on your system you will um... spray from your back side. Lol
27 Oct
The difference between natural and say isopure is the long chain and short chain branched amino acids that are available these acids are what the body really needs to repair. So that said you must use a variety of natural proteins or use a product such as isopure to obtain the essential amino acids. Hope that helps.
28 Oct
Thx Michael
Image_thumb
145 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 10:18pm
via Android

Definitely not soy protein. It's bad for women.

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 2:43am

Neither. Used to do whey but limiting my dairy protein intake for several reasons. So now i use pure green protein - its all plant based without soy. Its mostly pea, alfalfa and rice-sourced.

28 Oct
Good stuff... I use green proteins too.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 3:54am
via Android

Whey of course! Refrain from soy as there are lots of bad stuff I'm hearing from it. You may also want to consider natural proteins.

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 11:38pm
via Android

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/lifestyle-guide-11/protein-powder?page=3

Food for thought.

(if you don't know, you can long press to highlight the link and then copy/paste, at least in Android)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51