Issues staying motivated :-/

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 2:21am
via Android

Hi everyone Im brand new here,and can use some advice on staying motivated.In the past,I have tried diet after diet and exercise,but have always given up if I didn't see instant results.What keeps you motivated if you don't see instant results or if you lose a couple(water?)..but then gain a few back? Thanks!:-)

28 Oct
Thanks guys,that helps :-) true,I AM a scale watcher :-( will have to hide that for a bit and see how things!
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 3:09am
via Android

I dunno but sounds like you SEE the pattern. If you can consciously see this pattern, and if you can consciously recognize that even for the most dedicated of us it takes a WHILE to see results, maybe you can decide, as a conscious being with a mind, to NOT weigh yourself, to NOT look for results for SIX weeks. This is simple conscious decision making rather than animalistic need-results-now kind of thinking. You can do it, you are more powerful than your animal nature. After six weeks, evaluate how you feel, weigh yourself, look in the mirror, whatever, and think of how you can alter your current efforts to get even closer to your goals in the next six wks.

I exercised and ate "healthy" for three months with no visible results. Turns out I was still eating too many calories, even though they were healthier calories. I gained some muscle and energy in that time but was frustrated cuz I'm slightly overweight.  After I started paying close attention to calories using myfitnesspal I ate less of my brown rice and more veggies and my weight started to decrease also.

Depending on your goals you get a better idea of how to attain them after you put some effort in, even if it is for minimal results, that IS progress. I would have never reached this point I'm at now without the first three months of "failure"

Image_thumb
93 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 3:14am
via iOS
There are no shortcuts other than making small changes in your life for the long haul (eating better vice dieting).  Try looking week to week or month to month for progress and try not to weigh yourself everyday.  You lose about 2 lbs a week safely if you do everything right so keep that in mind, too... ;)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 3:20am
via Android

I guess look for a fitspiration. It may be someone you do or don't know. Just make sure it's realistic.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 4:53am
via Android

Thanks Jill:-) I used to get a pair of jeans or a cute dress in a couple sizes smaller, and use that for inspiration. maybe I'll try that again

Icon_missing_thumb
17 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 5:22am
via Android

Don't think about motivation, just work out :-)

Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 28, 2013 5:41am
via Android

thank

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51