Really need help.. ideas

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 1:55am
via Android

I need to lose about 20kg in weight that I've put on in the last 4 years to gain my confidence back.Thing is I really want to lose weight, but I've got no motivation! I eat healthy for a few days and see no difference and then go back to old habits! I know, it sounds stupid as you don't see results in days. I've got a really bad sweet tooth as well, which doesn't help! Grrr

Any help or info would be great.

Image_thumb
145 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 2:15am
via Android

I have a terrible sweet tooth too! To remedy it, I chew gum to see if that helps or I eat some fruit. Apples and peanut butter is really good! Also, I don't know if you have a Trader Joe's by you, but you can get their cookie butter or a tablespoon of nutella and smooth it over some wheat toast and it's pretty satisfying. Sometimes, on a cheat day, I get frozen yogurt with a bunch of fruit on it. Most times it's better than ice cream, in my opinion:) Kashi makes good cookies if you're into that. The dark chocolate almond butter is my favorite. All these things are sweet and won't hold you back. Good luck!

29 Oct
If you work really hard for a few weeks, you'll start to see and feel a difference and that will motivate you. Just keep looking forward towards your goal! I use the myfitnesspal app to count calories and stay on track. They also have a website that you should check out. It's really helping me. You can do this. Stay positive always and work hard.
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 2:28am
via Android

I'm from the UK, and we don't have trader joes here, I'm guessing it's some sort of food store?. Thanks for your reply and info though.  I love smearing peanut butter over apples, sometimes bannans. What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

29 Oct
Ohh okay yeah it's a type of grocery store. Any kind of sweet spread is good though. To stay motivated, I think about the me that I want to be and the person that I was. I want to be fit, healthy, and active. I never want to go back to my lazy days of sitting around eating chips and watching videos online. At first, I chose a pair of shorts that were too small as motivation .. and then it was a celebrity's body type ..but now I've learned that I only want to be the best me that...
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 5:09am
via Android

One of the "tricks" I've learned is to not let my imperfection make me feel like a failure. You're just starting out? OF COURSE you're not going to eat perfectly healthy every day from now on forever.

Also I make smaller changes that are more permanent. Like, trying to cut liquid calories, replacing a daily snack with chopped veggies, or avoiding sugar for one full day. (to me sugar is addictive like crack or cigarettes if i have a little I'm hooked back into a cycle of craving that makes things v difficult.)

I started with smaller workouts that didn't make me feel too inadequate or cause enough pain that I wanted to quit. My mind telling me I want to quit is just full of reasons that are lies, but its very believable lies, especially if I'm feeling tired or frustrated, so I avoid things that make it start thinking like that. Anything that makes me feel not good enough and like quitting is a bad thing, even if its just a workout that was too tough. It's not ME, it's the thing I'm doing that's bad, so I change what I'm doing. Whether that's altering the workout a little to my level or switching to a whole different workout, or taking a break and coming back to it later, whatever gets me feeling like I didn't quit, I just took control of my own progress

It's slow going at first but I was big and slow to start with anyway. After a few months, I'm picking up noticeable momentum.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 7:13am
via Android

Try having a "cheat day" thats the only day you can eat those stuffs that you really want to eat.

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 7:30am
via Android

Start by downloading a few apps that help with motivation.  Push up, pull up, squats, running.... input your stats, set workout reminders and  then stick to them...once you get into a routine you will start to feel different. Then you can start on diet.  Small, manageable goals. Lose 1 kg first.

275041_895820692_680362716_n_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 7:38am
via Android

At meals and snacks, eat in order...

Low cal/high density first (your salads, big green veg)

Then your middles (lean meats, carbs like pastas rices potatoes)

After that THEN eat your treats... you'll be surprised if you've got room for them!

For a sweet tooth try Quark mixed with melted chocolate spread or low cal hot chocolate! Quark is fat free and is amazing mixed with sweet stuff like that... or fruit, peanut butter etc.

Snack in the same way, fruit first THEN treats.

Should fill you up with good leaving less room for bad ;)

29 Oct
In terms of the sweet tooth, have you tried going a week or so without any sugar? You might find if you can get it out of your system, the 'lows' of sugar withdrawal will stop and you won't crave it anymore. I did this recently and it's made a big difference. Lots of green tea helped me get through it.
29 Oct
Sorry Mandy, that was meant to be a reply. To the topic, not a comment!
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 12:07pm
via Android

Kelly's comment down there is how it works for me too. I basically gotta detox from sugar and then it gets easier.

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 10:01pm
via Android

Thanks for all your comments and info guys n gals. I shall take that info on board. Will download a few health apps to help me, and see what happens. :)

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 30, 2013 1:25am
via Android

Losing weight is tough and definitely a change....I am actually a health coach and have helped lots of people lose those pounds very easily and still be able to enjoy themselves! Protein is the biggest and most powerful thing you can have. If you want some more tips I'd be happy to help for free of course!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51