6 posts | Original | Recent
129 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 1:07pm
via Android

I really...really want to start CrossFitting...and exercise is my life...but my family says I shouldn't because I'm still soo young...only 13... And it makes me soo happy...I don't know what to do...ideas?...advice...?

72 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 1:20pm
via Android

Must google crossfitting lol

72 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 1:24pm
via Android

Wow ok just googled it and that looks insane, you probably shouldnt go all out on your body untill you know its fully developed thats what I have been told anyway, not good to join a gym and do free weights untill full grown either.

Purely what ive been told by people who work in that field

09 Nov
Yeah *sigh* that is what really sucks...and it is soo hard to accept that when it makes me the moment for exercise I go for runs, body weight exercises and I use only 1,2 and 3kg weights...mainly 1 and 2kg...when my health is right...cause I need to pick up weight..I'm going to see a trainer and get some advice on what I can do that won't mess with my growth etc..
1017 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 2:54pm
via Android

You can do crossfit style of training. Just stick to mostly bodyweight exercises. Plenty to go arround.

Wait a year or 2/3 before you start to go all out with weights.  You dont have the strenght for this now. Which will result in bad moving paterns. And bad moving paterns are the cause of 95% of the gym injuries.

10 Nov
Yer this is probably ur best bet use ur own weight and it doesn't damage ur body
39 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 5:16pm
via Android

Honestly, just google the wod shop and you can find crossfit wods for free. That's what I use. Most likely you're not going to have the required equipment for it, so use the bodyweight wods to build up instead. Hope this helps.

111 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 1:11am
via Android

My son's been crossfitting for several years now. He's 16. His endurance on the treadmill is stellar, and his power to weight ratio is impressive. He diets very strictly because he can gain weight by sniffing the exhaust from a McDonald's deep fry.
If your family expresses concern they probably love you. But...
Maybe they could be a little bit more understanding.
Good luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51