Can never stick to a workout.

4 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 2:10am
via iOS
I done many workouts but only lasted a few days. Done insanity for a week and quit when I gained weight (I know I gained muscle), did Zumba ( which I like) but lost motivation, did 15 days of the squat challenge( which did really nice work), but lost track. I have a busy schedule, at school in the morning till afternoon, do assignment and then work at night. How do I put in a workout during my in between time but still have time to freshen up aka I gotta drive 30 to 40 minutes to school or work so driving back home to freshen up is out of the question. Work and school is .in the same city. I'm 22 and 5'8.
19 Nov
Driving is when Ì sneak in a lot of flex exercises. IE brief flexes of the abdominals, and then a long flex and hold. You can do this with almost all major straighted muscl
19 Nov
I use tdriving and commute time to sneak in some flex sets. IE small flexing of the abdominals, then a long flex and hold. This technique can be applied to most major striaghted muscle groups: biceps, triceps, core, pecs, quads, calfs, etc. I use this at the movies, waiting in line, eeverywhere there is downtime, and long waits.
16 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 5:46am
via Android

I hear ya! I am struggling with fitting in school and health too. I find it helpful to have a plan in place the day before, and tell myself I HAVE to go, no thoughts of not going. I treat it like a class that I wouldn't skip, and just think of how much happier I will be when its done. You can just do short 15, 20 min high intensity workouts, that's all you have to get through, and they are fun. There are so many great and diverse ideas on this app, and I use pinterest, or see if there are any classes at a local gym. That way you just have to get there and they will do the planning for you. I also find it helpful to workout right in the morning before anything else, and that way its done. Keeping it diverse also helps keep your interest, so running, full body, cycling... If you need ideas let me know!
If nothing else, take the long way to class and walk with high speed, that still counts as a work out! And make yourself do small workouts before things like putting your shoes on, eating dinner.... Such as 10 push ups, 30 sec high knees, or whatever
Best of luck! We all struggle with too little time, but if it matters to you it will get done! Focus on doing it 2 days a week, then work up to more!

116 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 3:41pm
via Android

The key is not to stop your routine just because you missed a day or a week just pick up where u left off if you miss more than a week then I recommend starting over but don't give up KMF!!! keep moving forward

9 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 4:41pm
via Android

Its actually not a bad thing as long as you do something it don't have to the same thing intact if you constantly change it up your body can't get used to it and there for takes a really long time to give get used to which in turn means your body is allways challenged and always having to adapt to many people worry about a routine... Routines are fine but your routine will stop showing results when your body gets used to the routine.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51