Basketball help

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 4:43am
via iOS
I am 16 and female just had my first basketball practice/ tryout
I have two morrow practice/ tryouts this week.
If I make it this will be my second year on the senior team. Last year I got in because there wasn't enought players.
I am scared to be cut cause I am not really fast or in good shape help.
If any one has any pointers it would be much appreciated my next practise is Wednesday 7-9 I really want to make it but the first practise I heard the coaches talking a lot about me I am scard I won't make the team. What should I do?
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 6:13am
via Android

Get to work...I'm not sure u can pull it off in such short time dnt mean to sound discouraging...if u lov basketball get to work on ur game ..look into h.i.b.t or high intensity basketball training their is a million things u can do to get faster and n good shape but n basketball u also need power and explosiveness understand angles ....etc their is a lot of free training videos on youtube frm handles to drills to game specific plyometrics...its really how bad do u want it...if u want it make it happen! Get to work u can do it

19 Nov
Baby girl just keep ears open all the time an go hard then everyone even if u not that good rebound an de up boo u be fine
Image_thumb
201 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 6:21am
via Android

Hannah is exactly right basketball is all about angles, especially if your not as fast or athletic as the other player you can use angels to play defense (which is a must) and to get to the basket on offensive. My advice is try not to think too much while your in the tryouts and just play hard and the coaches will see that :) good luck! Let us know how it goes.

161615_697267744_1643536892_n_thumb
50 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 11:50pm
via iOS
Work your butt off on defense. Also, be a leader and show initiative. If you aren't a vocal person then lead by example: volunteer for drills, be the first in line for sprints, etc. as long as nobody is working harder than you then you have done all that you can do.
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Nov 20, 2013 12:58am
via iOS
Ayye!! My favorite sport!! My coach always says hustle is the key... Coaches don't like scary girls, so always always hustle and never walk. Run to your spot on a drill or to even get a drink. Coaches don't like to waist time. So always HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE. And of course defense wins games. Good defense and hustle an run down the court. Don't be scared, it's all good yu got dis. The worst that can happen is "no". Also, encourage team mates, and coaches love when yu go up to them and ask what yu need to work on. Tht shows them yu care, and want to get better. These all show alot about your character. YouTube has good videos and drills. The best thing is fundementals. Practicing at school is not always going to cut it. You have to work outside of school. As simple as push-ups and excersises to get big and strong especially under the basket. As simple as bouncing with each hand for 1 minute and changing it up every time like cross over. GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51