Help from anyone

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
143 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 10:53pm
via Android

Hi I m a martial artist can anyone tell me a way to get flexible fast I can touch my toes but what to be able to bring my head to my knee so I can have better kicks

19 Nov
Form mma here it'll take time to stretch like that safely and keep it but you can do front to back splits as far as you can go until you can preform it perfect or hip felxers or also you can try suspension training like trx works great with joint and flexibility issues... One more would be putting a foot on a chair and squat as low as possible with your other leg keeping the foot still Ect just make the point where your foot is high if its to easy... Follow me if you'ld like
19 Nov
Thanks I will keep that in mind
19 Nov
Feel free to ask if you need more help
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 11:24pm
via Android

Being flexible is great for higher kicks but its only one part of th whole for good kicks....perfect practice makes perfect kicks good form keeping ur kicking leg controlled and tight bringing ur knee high for certain kicks anglein ur kickin leg for side kick dependin on type keeping ur hands up whn perform a keep and keeping ur trunk up torso tht is some like to lean way down to get kick higher but not effective and even dangerous in a fight core strength is just as important as flexibility in good kicking 1.good form and technique 2.good core strength having a six pack looks good but for martial arts u need complete core strength tht includes stablizing muscles to 3. Flexibility google or search yuo tube for specific exercises 4. Knwing whn and how to use a kick having good kicks is one thing knwing how to use thm is anther 5. How to set up a kick strategy n sparring. 6. Don't forget stamina whn u put all these together u dnt just hav high kicks u hav a dangerous fighter

19 Nov
I have been doing martial arts for 5 years I just asking how to get more flexable not a better sparrer I already now how to and I could ask my friends who have 12 years of experience and I know practice makes perfect kicks I have really good kicks but they would look better if they where higher
19 Nov
U did not answer my question
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 11:35pm
via Android

I took martial arts frm time i was 17 till i was 25 i hav studied taekwondo Okinawa karate ninjitsu and played around with others as ma was at one time my special interest  anyone with martial experience tht has a good instructer already knws how to b flexible....and usually has been through class warm-ups and exercises tht consist of numerous flexibility exercises and frm time uve said uve been in martial arts I'm assumin ur supposed to b a black belt??? I wasn't trying to offend u ...sorry if i did

Image_thumb
482 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 11:39pm
via Android

Oh and thts perfect practice makes perfect i was quoting tht time frm an old instructor who taught u practice all day but practice wrong u haven't accomplished anything ..sorry again if u found me offensive not my intent

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51