Workout/support buddy in the UK??

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 24, 2013 11:13pm
via iOS
Anyone in the UK who would like to be my workout/support buddy and vice versa?? Sometimes i need a big shove to get me back on track when my motivation is low or i am craving sugar lol
25 Nov
I'm in the uk too. Looking for someone to help give me a push
25 Nov
Hi matthew so have you got a goal you are working towards? Or are you just looking to inprove your overall fitness?
25 Nov
Mainly i'm trying to be in better shape for playing hockey, I wouyld like to be able to keep going all the way to the end of the game. My weight went up to 15 stone, i am down to 14 but would like to go a bit further. I have gone down 2 notches on the belt and looking for another notch or 2.
25 Nov
Whats your actual workout routine then? Not sure how long a hockey match is? About the same as football? Cardio would give you the most results
25 Nov
a game is 70 minutes, I'm trying to get some cardio and core work mainly with a bit of strength work too. I do 1 class a week which is predominately strength based and i am adding in every weekday a session from here, looking to mix it up to keep it fresh. Think i will need to add a little more cardio now as i have hit a plateau so need to change it up
Icon_missing_thumb
32 Posts
Nov 24, 2013 11:18pm
via Android

Sure! I am in the UK. What is your goal? Mine is to get a 6 pack by the time summer holidays start.

25 Nov
Hi kieran my ultimate goal is to be as fit as i can be as well as being toned, losing a few pounds would be an added bonus. I did insanity and loved it and i still do some of the routines just not 6 days a week. I also try and run 4 miles at least once a week and have been trying the routines on here. I try and eat healthily but will admit to the odd slip up. Some weeks i am eager every day and sweat with a smile on my face but lately i can't...
25 Nov
So kieran what workout routine and eating plan are you following for rock hard abs? Its pretty strict for the abs isn't it because its the last area for the fat to be lost from. Insanity would give you amazing abs!! Have you thought about trying it? I did and i can feel my abs unfortunately they are still coated with a few pounds to many to be ripped :(
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 24, 2013 11:28pm
via Android

Hiya, i've been looking for someone in the UK to motivate me and work with aswell. I keep going off track ha!

25 Nov
Hey claire yep like you i am really struggling some days to stay on the straight and narrow with exercising and food so maybe we could check in with each other every day or something?? Not sure how it works really. Whats your workout routine and eating like now??
25 Nov
Yeah that sounds great my kik is: ClaireISSA and my skype: clayyyyy4. I can give you my number on there if it's easier I don't want to post it on here haha. Right, so I get up around 7/8ish and try eat really within the first hour of getting up. I'll have lunch and something to eat around 5 but I'm not a big eater it's only small portions. My problem is snacking sugary foods such as yoghurts and biscuits I can't get enough of them lol! I only workout when I can because my working hours vary, I did...
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 9:26am
via iOS
Hey claire i did the standard insanity which included the fit test for 63 days and damn did it bust my ass!!! I loved it i still do some of the routines like cardio plyo, core cardio and cardio abs. Theres no greater feeling than getting a sweat on lol. I don't live in a great area so my runs are not as regular as they should be. My day starts at 6 as i am self employed cake baker breakfast at 7.30 with my kids then i try and fit a workout in whilst working (i work from home which is a big bonus) i eat 4-5 times a day as that is what everyone has told me i need. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack then main family meal around 6ish in the evening. I eat mostly chicken and vegetables, soup, yoghurt and fruit for lunch, weetabix or granola for breakfast and my snacks just consist of granola bars fruit and yoghurts. My downfall is savouries, i love pastry and walking past greggs is like hell lol but i force myself to carry on walking
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 9:40am
via Android

Yeah they're great!! I didn't manage to complete all of the days I lost interest, mainly because I didn't get chance to do it every day so now I just do the routines I like when I can. That's lucky you work at home, if it was me I'd eat all the cakes I baked ha. Yeah I heard that you should eat 5 times a day, I have the snack between like you do. However,  I'll have a yoghurt and then want another one. I usually eat either chicken/fish with salad or vegetables. Soup and I eat a lot of cereal. . I don't know whether that's good or not. I've stopped putting sugar in my food/drinks and stopped eating bread aswell I seem to have lost weight especially from cutting bread out

25 Nov
I've been advised away from cereals but like you plenty of veggies and fruits. Lots of soup now its getting colder. Aiming for real food and not processed so its homemade soup where possible. Cutting out bread made a huge difference to me and i notice it when i lapse and have a sandwich.
25 Nov
Thank you! :)
25 Nov
I don't eat much cereal only weetabix and occassionally granola. A filling alternative to the soup is also a casserole/stew. If you have a slow cooker you can put in your meat and almost any veggies you want, combine with a low salt stock and its lovely. You can even divide it up and get a few meals out of it. Thats my favourite meal at the moment

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51