How much is too much??

7 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
30 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 9:40pm
via Android

I'm trying to gain MORE muscle/definition in my quads,and all of my gluteous area(:. I love ZUMBA,I do an hour on Tuesdays &Thursdays. I can say I am losing my butt;(;(..

Is it best for me to knock out an hour or continue with 20-30min of pure cardio a week? How much is too much cardio if I'm trying to gain muscle. I go heavy on legs(60-90lbs)

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 11:40pm
via iOS
You can and should keep the cardio. It is good for burning fat that continually accumulates, and it greatly benefits you heart and stamina. If you want to build more muscle, keep going heavy with the weights and eat lots of protein and good fats. Add more weight training to your schedule and more protein to your diet to build more muscle.
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 11:50pm
via Android

U can try knocking out some cardio but 2 hours a week is not tht much...wat is ur leg routine?? The highest max for sqaut I've ever done is 410lbs and my heighest bench maxed out at 250lbs..an frm experience in weight training in order to gain muscle mass of any kind u have to train for tht mass...ur problem i garantee is not ur aerobic activities but either in ur leg training program itself or in ur nutrition but in order to specify id have to knw wat tht is

26 Nov
Strong lady!
26 Nov
Great advice. I think I'm not going heavy enough on the weights:/..lol
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 11:01am
via Android

If you could give more info on your weighttraining. I think we could help you more on gaining those glutes. I dont think these 2 zumba lessons are the real problem.

27 Nov
Rappa. I do legs once a week. Run stairs &hills 1-2 a week ..should I increase my days on legs?&go heavier?
27 Nov
What is it you do on legg days?
27 Nov
Try ths routine warm-up with leg extensions... thn hit sqauts try putting as much weight on th bar as u can lift with th number of 3 reps pyramid ths weight down as u go add reps for example if u can only do 90lbs for 3reps then do 85lbs for 4reps and so on till no weight is left on th bar...thn hit leg extensions start with a weight u can do only six reps with use drop sets till u reach a weight u can do fo 15 reps tht completes 1 set rest and do th extensions...
27 Nov
AWESOME. Hannh thank u. I'm not training enough is what it is-thnk u
27 Nov
Welcome :-)
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 11:31am
via iOS
When I lived in Hawaii I would run 6-8 miles everyday Monday thru Friday morning and lift weights Monday thru Friday night. I'm a runner and I didn't want thAt streamlined runners body so I would hit heavy on legs and butt Tuesdays and Fridays. I went from chicken legs to nice thick thighs. I don't think there's a thing called too much if your body can take it and the results you're getting are the results you want. So long as you stretch and allow time for recovery you're good.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 11:33am
via iOS
Dang! That is amazing. My max squat was 190 And max bench 125 ( which is my body weight). 410! Bam. Get some! that is so awesome!!
26 Nov
I started lifting when i was between th ages of 11-13 those numbers took years to get.... anybody can do it ...i thnk wat u do is impressive to :-)
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 4:30pm
via Android

Check out bodybuilding .com and look for leg routines lifting weights is one thing lifting thm correctly is anther...its like music i cud pick up my guitar and bang on th strings but tht doesn't make me a mucisian...their is chord structures keys and scales arpeggios and strumming patterns and so so so much more...a good weight program is NOT just lifting more and eating more... their r different types of strength limit concentric eccentric their is building mass and thn their is muscular endurance...how u train th weight u use how u use it th exercises u choose th rep scheme all of it...are th ingredients to get results...if i was baking a cake i wouldn't jus stick with flour and sugar theirs more ingredients i need..check out th site great advice on their and some awesome articles and even some awesome routines on their u could try

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51