Ideas for Muscle Tone?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 11:27pm
via Android

Hey guys and gals! I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck on your individual fitness goals!!

Im starting back into exercise slowly after being in the hospital for 6 months straight (so much muscle tone lost!!) So im definately in need of some motivation !!

If you know any specific ways to get toned slowly but effectively, please let me know ! Please note that when replying, Some exercises that include the chest area will have to be very light.

Thanks everyone and keep up your good work!

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 11:21am
via Android

If you want to have a toned body, there are 2 things you should do. Increase the muscle mass and lower the fat on your body.

Since you come out of the hospital where you probably didnt have too much movement and your body got used to not be used all that much, i think you need a specific aproach.

What i think benefits you the most is a programme and activities that activite your central nervous system. And activities that are reletively light on your cardiovasculair system.

The reason for this is that the cardiovasculair system depends on your hart and needs some building up as where the CNS merely needs a good accasional kick in the butt. The CNS is the system that helps transporting the signals and commands from skin, muscle and the brain.

So what does this mean?

I would suggest compound movements as for weighttraining. I dont know ur strenght level. But even doing these movements with light weights will give you a good start. If i were you i would focus on strenght first. Get those muscles to respond completely different from what they have been doing. It will hurt at first, but it also gives great benefits.

As for activities that to lowerbodyfat or next to weighttraining. Keep these low hartrate. So walks, bikeride would be ideal. Next to this you could do some stretches on offdays. This will help preventing to cramp up when the muscles hurt from weighttraining.

Just what i came up with at first thought. Gl and dont be afraid to ask.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51