Question for myfitnesspal users...

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Nov 29, 2013 8:03pm
via iOS
I have been using myfitnesspal for 10 months and this app for about 6 months. I have reached my weight goal.

As far as working out, I think going to stick with toning workouts rather than cardio. My only question is how do i maintain my caloric intake? I don't want to lose more weight.

The food I eat is pretty much home cooked. As a family, our diet consists of lentils, whole grain, chicken, tea (chai) and rice (Brown rice). I'm not much of a meat (beef) muncher.
Eating out is once or twice a week.

My "remaining" on myfitnesspal ranges between 400-500.

Any tips?
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Nov 29, 2013 11:19pm
via Android

How much are you burning with exercise? Maybe do a shorter work out?

01 Dec
I agree with you jennifer. Plus you can change your goal in the settings from weightloss to maintain current weight ..then the rest is you. Good luck.
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Nov 30, 2013 12:04am
via iOS
When I do workouts, I aim for 3-4 workouts. So that's about burning 300-400 calories
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 30, 2013 2:04am
via Android

I wouldn't suggest working out less...so, I mean, this sounds kind of weirdly simple, but what's the problem with eating a little more?

30 Nov
also, if you're entering your workouts, they might be registering as a bit high ..I assume you are, in addition to the mfp remaining calories, paying attention to how that actually translates into real life. You can have the app telling you you're five hundred OVER on calories and still be LOSING weight (ok, it's not v likely, but it's possible)...besides all that, there are plenty of healthy, balanced (protein/fat/carbs) hundred calorie snacks out there. A few of those throughout the day between meals should do the trick.
30 Nov
Some weight training gets the appetite fired up for me like nothing else.
30 Nov
I'm just super strict on myself. I want to make sure my clothes fit. After i pants ripped from weight gain January of 2013...It kinda traumatized me lol
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Dec 1, 2013 11:04am
via iOS
Jillian Michaels has a formula to figure this out... Has to do with your BMR. I'll try and find it!
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Dec 1, 2013 11:15am
via iOS
This is similar, hope it helps (I fell into a Jillian Michael's Rabbit Hole there for a second...) http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/caloriedeficitcalculator.php
01 Dec

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51