How to Stay Healthy on a 7-Day Cruise???

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 3, 2013 12:25pm
via Android

Hey guys, I need your help! I'm going on a 7-day cruise soon. Do any past cruisers have any tips on how to stay fit on a cruise? I went on a 10-day last year, and although I tried to do at least 20 mins cardio nearly every day and choose healthier options, I still put on a few pounds:( I was thinking about bringing my own healthy snacks (nuts, granola bars etc) and eating fruit between meals to keep my metabolism up and curb hunger and also try to workout on the daily. Any other tips on avoiding indulging too much on a cruise?

03 Dec
Ifjtutu
03 Dec
Lish, Go crazy, it's a cruise!!!!! Lose the weight when you get back.
04 Dec
Lol you guys are right! I should indulge a little. ..:)
1115797_1617220817_539796850_n_thumb
1 Post
Dec 3, 2013 3:24pm
via Android

Eat what they serve. Just portion control and try to do 10 minute cardio blast each day, and walk a lap or two around the boat. Enjoy your vaca don't worry too much aboit thigs you can tend to when you get back home!

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Dec 3, 2013 8:44pm
via Android

Cruises are fun. I agree eat what they serve,  just walk it off.

27 Dec
Post cruise outcome: I just tried to limit portions and eat snacks whenever I was hungry (my metabolism is fast, so I am hungry every 2 hours), and I worked out between 20 mins and 45 min each day, and I actually LOST a pound while on the cruise! I wasn't expecting that! I brought my own ground flaxseed to add to cereal bc I knew from my previous cruise that you don't get a lot of fiber therein brought unsalted almonds to also snack on rather than the boat's unhealthy options. Totally doable!
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 4, 2013 12:26am
via Android

Thanks Jess,  good thinking on the portion control. I was thinking of trying to limit myself to only 3 bites of desert each night unless it's a lower calorie one. We'll see I I can lol !

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 4, 2013 4:50am
via Android

Thanks Sal, good advice. It's nice to take a break from the normal routine and diet and relax: )

Image_thumb
347 Posts
Dec 4, 2013 5:08am
via iOS
Well,good advice,down there:).well,I agree control what u eat n dnt forget,sugar is more caloric than fats..and the best exercise would be to swim,a whole body exercise and fun too,then u can take a sun bath if u want or bring a jump rope for a gud 15min,good luck,n have fun
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Dec 5, 2013 12:35am
via Android

Eating fruit between meals will do nothing for your metabolism lol. If you just eat a normal 3 meals you shoudnt be far of/over ur calories.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Mar 17, 2016 3:22pm
via Android

Hi Lish, I apologize for my previous comment. I didn't mean for it to be hurtful or offensive in any way.  I was complimenting you and applauding your commitment and the amount of workouts that you accomplish because of it. Again I am very sorry.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51