Help

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Dec 11, 2013 11:02pm
via Android

I have been lifting weights for many years and finally decided to push it aside and focus more on my core and cardio. I ran a mile in 12 minutes which is kinda slow and after 4 attempts have found that my lungs are what can't keep up. Does anyone know any methods to building strong lungs?

11 Dec
Baby steps! It doesn't mean you're not as fit as you thought you were. Your body is used to strength trainin' so just ease into the cardio and you'll see results. There are many websites with tips on runnin' for beginners to help you.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Dec 11, 2013 11:15pm
via Android

Water. And if you smoke, quit.

Image_thumb
481 Posts
Dec 12, 2013 3:57am
via Android

Patience and consistancy...its like whn u go n th gym for th first time and u see these guys benching stacks of plates on each side and ur banging th bar and a pair of 25s .... but with time and smart training u got bigger stronger...now ur working lungs and ur heart 12 min may b ur 95lb starting point but with smart training and nutrition ull b running with th big guys n ths to

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Dec 12, 2013 4:15am
via Android

When you go for runs do small distance at first find some good flats ti do wind sprints  as well build your lungs at your on pace. After some time you can add some hills to the sprints and runs. Hope this helps. 

Image_thumb
31 Posts
Dec 12, 2013 7:38am

Without sounding weird, you and this situation it's like we were made for each other, my life is literally cardio and core, no exaggeration. I do cardio max effort everyday (sometimes twice on the days I would run and swim) and have been for years. Since February I haven't missed a single core day. 500 crunches everyday, never missed one and I'm sporting a nice eight pack, yes eight not six it wasn't a typo.

Here's the crazy part recently, like three weeks ago I decided I wanted to bulk up, put on some muscle, but I don't know where to start and different sources say different things. You're seeing where this is going right, I don't want to be too presumptuous but could this be any more perfect? P.S if you did thank you for being patient enough to read this entire post.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51