Mindless nibbling

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Dec 23, 2013 3:14pm
via Android

Ok , so I can't figure out how to stop the mindless nibbling. When I work I serve breakfast and lunch in the dining room and sometimes the girls give us stuff because they don't want to throw it away. When I'm out at events I grab things without thinking and I have a huge habit of eating when im bored. Its just so hard to break those old habits.. any advice?

23 Dec
Idk ..how bout saving some of your days caloric recommendation just for mindless nibbling...like if ur daily caloric needs is 2000 save bout 300 or more and count as ur mindless nibbling resources
24 Dec
Maybe carrying around with you a healthy snack can help, you just have to form a habit.
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Dec 23, 2013 11:27pm
via Android

I understand what u mean...but my caloric intake is at 1200 lmao

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Dec 23, 2013 11:47pm
via iOS
If you like you can use myfitnesspal . You can track what you eat and how much you consume.
23 Dec
I do use it..that's how I came to notice the nibbling... I would put in my meals and then all the extra crap I eat pops into my head and its like whoa! But thanks
23 Dec
Your welcome :)I can imagine it's tough managing food when you have other people to think of.
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Dec 24, 2013 1:48am
via Android

1200 Calories?? Id starve to death..  whn my caloric intake is over 2000 I still lose bout 1-2 lbs a week..well if u use fitnesspal and ur logging ur nibbling thn u knw how many extra calorie ur taking n....u could always add an extra workout at night to make up th difference...I mean long as ur nibbling hasn't gotton to far out of hand I mean if u like th nibbling (sorry I thnk I jus like writing tht word ) thn enjoy it and just workout some more if u can

24 Dec
Its at 1200 because I set mfp to me being active... I work in a nursing home and walk around all day. And I set that I was trying to lose 2 lbs a week and work out 5 days a wk. But I actually just change d it to 1.5 so that gave me more calories. I wouldn't mind the nibbling if it always something healthy, at home it is...when I'm out, not so much Lol. But I kind of really want to just break the habit because its not a good one
24 Dec
I've been doing ministy work n nursing home since jan. 2009....I commend u for ur hard work..rather kitchen cna nurse receptionist activities house keeping ..its hard work..tho if thts where u doing ur nibbling thn u guys to better n th kitchen department thn we do :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51