Family members calling me skinny

18 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
392 Posts
Dec 28, 2013 11:12pm
via Android

Am i skinny? I weigh 114.3lbs and height is 5'3. Family members thinks that I should stop working out. I don't think that I'm skinny. I think I still need to lose more weight. What do you think?

22 Jan
Girl iam your height.and our weight should be around 115-135.so u r ok.i have look that up. Dont make a mistake like i did.i use 2 weigh 195 pnds and went down 2 /101 pnds .our minds sometimes plays with our head. And makes us think that thats not enough and want more.right now iam at a healthy rep range of 134 pnds.but being on mothers nature.currently know i have upped 4 pnds.but i know when thats over iam back at 134pnds.i know my bdy.so girl just dont make the same mistakes i did.u can exercise thats good 4 your...
23 Jan
I don't know but for me it's not about the weight. Its about the measurements. Being healthy and fit is my goal. You can be skinny and be unhealthy. Anyways if you dont think you are too skinny I dont think anyone can change that.
23 Jan
Do you have any muscle tone or are you just losing weight?
23 Jan
Well, I do strength workouts too but I don't really see any toning on my body.
Image_thumb
77 Posts
Dec 28, 2013 11:27pm
via Android

Don't pay attention to them I know cause I was 140 now im 121 and they say omg ur skinny stop working out and I still workout I mean I love working out so y would I stop if I love what I do and thats working out and for guys thats like skinny for girls a little yea nd no

28 Dec
I'm going through the same thing. I was 270 lb and a heavy drinker. After 2 years of no drinking and proper nutrition along with working out I am proud to say I am 225. My family members are all over weight lethargic lazy individuals who are insecure so they push those insecurities onto me. Don't listen... Maintain your healthy lifestyle and instead of criticising they will start asking for advise
Image_thumb
143 Posts
Dec 28, 2013 11:43pm
via Android

I think if you have abs your not skinny and if yiu have a flat stomach your not skinny and if you can see your bones without sucking your gut or flexing then your skinny

Image_thumb
42 Posts
Dec 28, 2013 11:48pm
via Android

I think your beautiful the way you are. But if you like working out then do it :-)

22 Jan
It all depends. I'm 5'0 even. I weigh @ 125 or 130. But. I also have alot of natural muscle. Its not about weight for Me. I've always weighed heavier than I look. I still dear a size 6-8. Fitness is a lifestyle. A personal choice. I'm willing to bet all the negativity is coming from individuals who wouldn't role over to get out of the rain.
Image_thumb
61 Posts
Dec 29, 2013 12:33am
via Android

2 years ago I went on a mission to get a 6 pack. Had a bit of a tummy. By the time I got my fist hint of abs coming. My family and friends said I was looking drained and tired and my face looked shrunken. That totally de motivated me and I stopped. Was in the best shape of my life back then. So Pls don't loose focus. Ppl say these things because they can't see ur goal. And they care for u.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 29, 2013 12:55am
via Android

It doesnt matter what other people think its what you think because if you feel fat or skinny then its your decision to loose weight. Anyway it still good if you workout and be healthy because you can get fat agakn fast without even knowing. :))

Image_thumb
145 Posts
Dec 29, 2013 12:59am
via Android

I think it all depends on your frame. I'm 5'4 and down to 129 but still want to lose 9 more pounds. Some girls my height look great at 130-140 pounds but it all depends on where you good your weight and how you want to look. I still have dinner fat on my thighs and hips that needs to go. I think your weight is good but as long as you stay healthy and know when to stop, keep going. People tell me to stop with every 5 pounds that I lose haha Also know when you get to the point where you have lost enough fat and are ready to tone up. Maybe that's what you need. You can work out forever. Restricting calories needs to eventually stop. Good luck!

Image_thumb
481 Posts
Dec 29, 2013 1:36am
via Android

I wouldn't say u need to lose anymore...And I wouldn't stop working out either but maybe check and see what ur idea weight is suppose to b as a guidline and maybe focus more on toning and adding more muscle to give tht lean athletic look without th bulk most prefer...maybe they thnk u r losing to much and r calling u skinny cuz they r concerned and actually care bout u and are worrird jus went bout it th wrong way...Idk

274799_712708686_2008402926_n_thumb
1 Post
Dec 29, 2013 6:36pm
via iOS
I come from a family that's mobidly obease. Before my son I was 5'7 and 120lbs. I've always worked out and then they complained I was too skinny. 6 years after my son I'm 5'7 and 139lbs still work out and want to lose 15 lbs bit still get harassed about being too skinny. I look skinny because I'm soon much smaller than them. They accept their size so their for I'm too little. Just take it with a grain of salt they mean well. But if your not happy and want to lose weight as long as your goal weight is within a healthy range then I say go for it!
Image_thumb
392 Posts
Jan 21, 2014 10:46pm
via Android

They think that I want to be anorexic.

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 1:53am
via iOS
Honestly, you probably know your body best but you have to be fair to it and read the signs. At your weight and height you do not need to drop weight. You may want to be more toned, but not to necessarily lose weight. If you notice you're tired, cranky or miserable in your skin, or stop having your period you may have a few things to work on mentally and physically in a different direction (Thanks okay! Just open up and talk to someone). Of course, sometimes it can be hard for people to be happy for you but if it's your friends and family especially those who are in good health you may want to sit down and have a real discussion about it.
22 Jan
You seem to be in good health just make sure you're not dropping weight too fast or in dramatic ways. But like I said. You know you best girl :D if you feel good and healthy, chances are you are.
22 Jan
Okay thanks
Image_thumb
118 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 7:01am
via Android

You're in the low end of a healthy weight for your height. You are not unhealthy but working towards losing more weight would be. Work on maintaining & toning. Exercise is healthy.

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 3:30pm
via Android

Before you consider someone else's opinion, consider the
lifestyle.  Bet you... sedentary.  And lacking motivation.

22 Jan
Consider what?
15 Oct
Meaning those critics are not living a lifestyle that you've adaopted. Fitness is a lifestyle. Some people just don't get it. Or they don't care @ themselves.
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 4:11pm
via Android

Not at all ....u hv a healthy body Evn mch better might b in urs family ppl r heavy dats y dey call u skinny

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 4:17pm
via Android

I'm one of those people.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 9:14pm
via Android

You are fine girl I wish I was your size cause im 5'3 also and 1/2 lol im not even going to say how much I way going to remind my daughter of that when she gets older and wants to talk bk lol. But I hate to say this but sometimes our family members can be our worsest enemy

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 9:30pm
via iOS
Based on the bmi scale, you're within a healthy range. You shouldn't workout to be skinny anyway. Workout to get fit and feel fantastic! If they mean skinny as in you workout 6 hours a day and only have about 100 calories a day, then there may be an issue.
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 2:34am
via Android

Your numbers sounds good I went from 152 to123 I'm5`9" up my calories to2400 now and been lifting weights up to130 now.it's how u feel if u not losing strength u fine u do need at less 1400 calories or more dependent on how much u workout if u below that u may b headed. For being to skinny

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51