Introverts

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
392 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 3:38am
via Android

Where are the introverted people? I need support, I feel a bit ashamed of being one. People always say that I'm quiet which pisses me off. I also spend some time by myself.

30 Dec
Hey girl I'm quiet too. No shame in it!
30 Dec
how did you deal with that?
04 Jan
I'm quiet too... It takes me while to feel comfortable
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 4:56am
via iOS
Why on earth does it make you mad that people tell you that you are quiet?
30 Dec
Because it feels like people don't respect me.
30 Dec
Okay, I understand that. I am an introvert as well, and I get a lot of people telling me how quiet I am, but it does not bother me. Being quiet is a good thing. The Bible says that it is good to be quiet, and I avoid saying a lot of harmful words unintentionally, because I think over everything that I am going to say. No matter what people tell you, being quiet is good. Do not change your identity. If you start feeling tense and uptight around people, take a step outside and breath fresh air. Go for...
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 7:34am

Hi Ashley. I'm an intro as well and there is definitely pressure in the US to be an extro. Team captains, presidents and celebrities are getting seen as people to emulate and they 're all mainly extroverts. But there is nothing wrong with being an intro. It means you recharge differently and think/process differently, but certainly nothing to be ashamed of. For your friends, please tell them your don't like it when they say thAt you're too quiet. If they really do respect you they will stop. If they don't ... then it's time for new friends anyway. I bet they don't have any idea it bothers you. You may also find if you speak less, you opinions and perspectives count for more when you do say them. This is the approach I have used in business and have had much success by speaking to key points or at key times...no need to just 'fill the air with chatter"! Best of luck!

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 9:43am
via iOS
Why are you ashamed? Your an introvert. You need time alone to relax clear your head and awoid stress. Thats what an introvert is. A lot of people think that introverts are shy or non dominant, but this is not the case. An introvert can have lots of friends (through they tend to have fewer close friends) go out and dominate the party, but Then they need a few days alone to rechearge. Nothings wrong with that :)
30 Dec
This is very true! I am an introvert but at work I have to act like a extrovert which tires me out a lot! I then go home and whoosa! I don't mind having one close person around all the time but no more then that once I have had a lot of extrovert activities! I have a lot of friends, but only one really close friend. I can be the life of the party but I need to recharge after alone! I am happy with who I am and appreciate my friends because they understand (because I tell them)!
30 Dec
True that :)
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 4:32pm
via iOS
I know the feeling. I'm introverted too. I've become a little better at going out more. Though I'm not into the club scene and so called parties, I've come to a point I'm gonna go for what makes me happy like hanging out at the mall, going for movies with my best friend. I'm a simple girl and I'm okay with it.
01 Jan
That does not Sound like an introvert. It sounds like you dont like being around people. Thats not called being introverted it's called being unsocial(whats the correct word here?)
01 Jan
Unsocial means avoiding people altogether. Introvert means being around small groups like 1-3 people. I do not like to be in big groups. I small groups.
05 Jan
Being in a small or big group has nothing to do with being introverted thats called preference. Being introverted means you need time alone to recharge after being out at a big party from time to time.
Image_thumb
392 Posts
Jan 1, 2014 7:14pm
via Android

What if most of your whole family are extrovert?

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jan 1, 2014 10:05pm
via iOS
Just tell them to respekt your private time and leave you alone for a while XD
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Jan 1, 2014 10:06pm

Mine definitely are. Turns out my wife committed us to a new year's eve party at the neighbors, watching the Rose Parade with friends, attending a birthday party after the parade and hosting new year's day (evening) party at our house tonight. I just tell her 'whoa - i'm not doing all that.' As an extrovert, she just gets more energized by doing more things with more people. As an intro, it's fun, but I need a break or it turns into a grind. So after the parade I'm skipping one of the parties (right now) and will be back online with all of them tonight. I've noticed my brother in law (a fellow intro) does the same thing. That way we're recharged and ready to have fun with everyone at the things that really count. There are a few books out right now about introverts, how we work, how we can contribute, and interesting cultural differneces in different countries. It may help give you some insights on yourself and what you need - so i'd recommend giving at least one a try.

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 1:38am
via Android

You wouldnt believe how many celebrities, athletes, even our current President is an "introvert". Even people who are outgoing in public tend to really be introverted. Being an introvert doesnt give you an excuse to be quiet though it just means that if you go out to a big social scene you need time to recharge (alone time). Being queit when with a group of people can mean only one of two things you dont have anything interesting to say (you need to learn,see,do more = be curious) or you dont believe you have anything interesting to say (low self-esteem). So just get out more & do more of what interest you and then you will have more to bring to the conversation and have no need to be quiet. Good luck hope this helps : )

04 Jan
04 Jan
I also like to be alone as well most of the time to recharge.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51