Workout plan question

7 posts | Original | Recent
16 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 5:18am
via Android

Question for you all: do you have a workout plan for each week, like weights Tuesdays and Thursdays, or just do whatever when you can? What is most effective?
I see how I am feeling each day and pick a workout from that, but try to workout every day and keep it diverse. I feel I keep in it more that way, but is this effective? Any suggestions or workout ideas? I would love followers and workout buddies!

482 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 6:05am
via Android

Well it depends...I wouldn't work out the same muscle group every single day ur body needs time to recover and repair...I like mixing it up to...but I try to also make sure I'm working each muscle group every week...other thn tht it really depends on ur personal goals

55 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 6:22am
via Android

I mix it up i hate doing the sme routine every single day. I  choose high intensity  workout 3 to 4 times a week then yoga on the weekends.

7 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 6:55am
via Android

i think doing a stable daily or weekly workout routine is much better. because if you keep doing a new workout everyday, then your body will find it very difficult to adapt to all the new workouts. If you're a beginner, then start the first week by doing 10-15mins cardio, and toning every other day. Then once your body has gotten used to that, you can add in strengthening, toning, yoga, or flexibility excersises on preferred days, do that for the 2nd or 3rd week. Then for the 4th, you can increase your cardio time to to 30-45mins if you can, and add one intense workout for one day a week.
So what I'm saying is, start of flat on the ground, then go up a step or two of the the stairs every week, if you know what i mean. And eventually, you'll arrive at the top of the stairs
So if you do different things everyday, it's like going up a step, then down again, then two steps up, then fown again. That way, you'll never reach the final step.
Wish you luck! ^-^~

30 Dec
What??? I dnt want my body to adapt its counterproductive to my goals...and adaptation is anther word for plateau...I've worked out for years and only step backwards r 1) u quit working out and 2) injuries.....adaptations or plateaus n someone who is n sports or bodybuilding and or powerlifting most do mix it up and none contine doing th exact level of resistance every workout...being n powerlifting just because today I choose to work clean instead of deadlift and decide today I'm gonna use pyramid by pyramid system with a rest pause technique at th end of each set after...
30 Dec
Most of fitness expert says mix it up your workout is better than doing the same routine. You get better results if you do different workout because i think you work different muscle everytime.
61 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 8:07am
via Android

I personally have stopped going to the gym and have started working out at home using skimble. So I do what ever work out I find interesting on this program. It keeps things fresh. Let me know what you end up doing.

38 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 1:26pm
via Android

Body adaptation is not the best way to progress like changing everyday your workout! You have to look in between! Your muscles need adaptation (6-8 week) to progress and increase strength! Past 8 week you will see realy slow progress! So what most people do is changing the way they are working on muscles! For exemple if you do squats 2 time a week for 7 weeks try to work your legs with plyometric exercices or so! If you do crunches try to do plank! For more results try to add a bosu for you squat or a swiss ball for your plank or crunches you will recruit more muscles!

Change your workout but not everyday it's my advice because your body need time to respond after a workout and build muscle! But don t hesitate to split muscles group during the week upper/lower body or front/back arm/leg like this!

See ya

1019 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 2:24pm
via Android

Planning your workouts is alot more effective.

Its best to make a schedule for 2 to 3 weeks if that is possible, when you can even longer is great. So when 1 workout/day falls away, you can adapt with the other days.

I do 3 days of lifting and 1 of cardio with recovery stretching. The workouts are planned ahead. This makes it possible for me to know what i need to do to be finished. I 'cant' stop untill al is done. If its too much, i addept and remove something. If its to easy i add extra work. Or i make it more intense with more weights or more sets.

What this does is that it makes it possible to track progress. When i can add after 3 weeks. That means i got stronger. When nothing has changed after a few weeks. That means i should make changes to my workouts and diet.

Also when you plan workouts you dont need to feel bad about missing days. Or not working out even if you feel fit.

1. Your workout is more effective cuz you know what you are going to do.

2. Its alot easier to track progress.

3. Gives a clear path to follow.

4. Gives information on what works for you and what doesnt.

So planning your days (chest,back,legs or carsio and stretching) makes an easy schedule to follow. Planning what you are doing in your workout makes them more effective and better to track if it works.

Thats my view on the subject.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51