Help with starting workout.

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 3:19am
via Android

I want to start exercising my body to get ready for boot camp. I will be doing paperwork soon for the marines. Help me please.

Image_thumb
481 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 3:33am
via Android

Bootcamp? Thn run run and run lots of pushups pullups and situps and I do mean a lot a whole lot add circut training if u can make ur own obstacle course and thn run run and run some more u do tht bootcamp will b more like a light morning workout

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 3:36am
via Android

I'd definately start on some hiit cardio along with strength trainin' 'cause my 2 marine friends have told me it's hiit cardio all day long in the service! Keep increasin' the length of the hiit and get your body used to constantly movin' with few breaks! Good luck and I honor your decision!

05 Jan
Thank you
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 3:37am
via Android

I know that but i want to start off slow then build on it.

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 3:41am
via Android

Depends on how much you currently exercise. Start out at 3-4 days a week 10-15 mins of hiit followed by strength trainin'. Work up to 6-7 days a week with an hour of exercise a day. That's what I'd do, anyway, but schedule it to your body's needs and what it can handle.

05 Jan
Okay i know do that thanks
05 Jan
Welcome :)
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 3:46am
via Android

I forgot about pyramid trainin'! It's a great way to build up tolerance! Just add it to a workout once or twice a week and build up to more from there.

05 Jan
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 3:47am
via Android

Go to www.military.com fitness center ths website has specific training for marines to prepare for bootcamp as well as pft and such

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51