Post workout

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 5:35pm
via Android

Ok so I have been doing squats and stuff to help prepare myself for insanity. Today was the fit test and my legs are so shaky. I did what I could and tried not to over do it. Hoping to build up to what they think you should be able to do lol. I don't do alot cardio (especially in winter time) which I am sure is my biggest problem. I was ready to be done during the warm ups lol. Any advice to help with the shaky issue or will it just go away the more I progress?

05 Jan
Its something that will just get better over time im afraid lol, least if they are stilk shaking you know you have worked hard. Having a good stretch after working out will help minimilise fatigue afterwards.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 5:42pm
via iOS
Do some stretches for about 5 minutes just before you start.
1076923_100006615912727_1834594892_n_thumb
15 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 5:52pm
via Android

I guess a bit of light skipping or on the spot before squats will help u

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 6:01pm
via Android

I did the insanity workout last year and felt the same way.  Stick with it.  It does get better and easier.  Keep track of your reps during the test and you will be amazed at the progress.  Its okay to take rests when you need them, but push yourself as much as you feel you can.  Do it with someone else if you can.  My wife and I did it together and were able to encourage and push each other. I don't think I would have stuck with the program till the end if it wasn't for her.
Good luck and"dig deep" as Sean T would say.

05 Jan
Thank you so much! , this all makes me feel so much better! I figure if I do the work out in the morning I will have all day to stretch it out instead of doing it before bed and letting my body cramp up. Also it's the only time I can"plan" my work out. I have too many excuses after work not to do it. Am is just sleep lol. Just have to kick my ass out of bed and do it then!
05 Jan
Did you use their shake? Or any kind of protein shake? I know it's recommended just really expensive.
05 Jan
Glad to help. I was in your shoes about this time last year(well at least figuratively--- I don't think I'd do well in the boots that you have on in your profile picture).
05 Jan
No I did not buy into the shakes or you any other type of protein. I just kept to my normal diet, tried to eat smart and maybe up my protein in my food(fish, chicken and peanut butter)
05 Jan
Lol I have cross trainersi use for the work outs. And those boots are definitely not comfortable lol
Image_thumb
86 Posts
Jan 5, 2014 9:37pm
via iOS
Your post workout foods play a role in that shakiness as well as your cool down and stretches. Add more potassium and lean protein to your diet plan for optimal recovery

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51