Stomach aches after every main meal?

3 posts | Original | Recent
19 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 4:38pm
via Android

For a few months now I'm suffering pain in my stomach after every main meal I eat. My meals are healthy and I have the right portions. Do anyone else suffer from this and know what it could mean.

950 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 5:04pm
via Android

You should probably see a doctor. It could be something simple that needs to be treated now to avoid complications.

is there anything you've changed about what you eat in the past few months? A new supplement? A new spice? A new brand? More dairy? More raw veggies? Some things like raw broccoli can cause some people gas...  Did you change water drinking habits? To much water during a meal might affect digestion...

I might try eliminating certain foods one by one, especially anything that is a common allergen or trigger for sensitive stomachs. But see a doctor if at all possible.

06 Jan
I eat less chocolate and no sweets anymore and I don't eat bread unless it's brown or pitta bread. I don't really have rice much unless we order a take out which is hardly ever. I've increased my protein and today I've had 103 grams of it. Is that too much?
07 Jan
I don't think it's too much... What are you eating for protein, though?
09 Jan
Turkey, greek yogurt, chicken, eggs and baked beans
10 Jan
Beans can cause painful gas but i think you would notice if it was gas, yogurt maybe if you have a dairy sensitivity... Chicken and turkey seem neutral but if you eliminate beans and yogurt and still have pain then maybe there's something there... Or it could be a digestive problem with all foods... Who knows...
30 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 5:06pm
via Android

You may have some sort of mild food intolerance, try experimenting with different foods to see if some make you ache worse than others. Regardless, this may be a question for a doctor and not a workout forum.

06 Jan
Thanks, I've had a lot of protein today aswell so could that cause stomach ache?
06 Jan
I suppose it could be. When we break down protien for energy it leaves behind nitrogen which has to be filterrd out by the kidneys.
28 Jan
I have the same problem I would go days and days without eating . I had to force feed myself till the pain went away . I got over it 15 pounds later.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51