Sick of it!

4 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Jan 7, 2014 8:19am
via Android

I'm sick of trying all these dumb diiets and NVR having them work I exercise for hours but nothing I weigh myself daily and I'm fly healthy but I want to feel healthy and feel good about myself I'm only 12 so I can't control what my parents cook I always try to make something else that's low fat but I don't know much and every time I go to my mom and sisters they say I'm not dealing with this your fine and healthy can someone help me skim off ten pounds secretly?

950 Posts
Jan 7, 2014 8:27am
via Android

You're twelve. I know you're probably sick of hearing that, but the fact is, your body has its own agenda right now. Your going to gain weight cuz you have to grow. If you fight with your body now you'll regret it later.

Eat vegetables, lean protein, exercise, yeah...but don't worry so much about the scale. Even adults worry about it too much but at your age its literally just useless.

19 Posts
Jan 7, 2014 1:24pm
via Android

When I was 12 I was obsessed with my body and hated myself cos I thought I was overweight (the doctor said I would be thinner when im older). 2 years later I was borderline anorexic and lost a huge amount of weight. Now I'm 17 and my body hasn't developed and I'm still waiting for my periods to come back because in my head I thought I was fat and continuously exercising and not eating much. What I'm saying is, be more xomcerned with your weight when your body has developed properly into a womans figure, I wish I just waited.

07 Jan
Im really sorry to hear what happened... its a shame what society makes young girls think these days. :/ Hope things get better for you dear.
07 Jan
Thankyou. Its sad watching young girls go through the same, I'm just trying to gain weight so my body can develop naturally :)
36 Posts
Jan 7, 2014 1:37pm
via Android

What Patrick said... its spot on.

You may not believe it, but over the next four+ years, your body will take all the fat it has stored and use it as extra energy (growth spurts take a lot of energy) and whatevers left will get redistributed.
... if you take that fat away, your body, when it neeeds that energy to grow, it will start taking from your muscles.
Thats bad. Bad.
Bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. Bad.

If you go to the doctors and they tell you that you are a healthy weight, listen to them. They went to school for a long time so that they would know that kind of stuff. They got you covered.
Your mother and sister (who is older than you... my guess?)... theyve both been where you are now. Theyve done it, and live to tell the tale. If they, too, tell you youre fine, you probably are!

Please stop worrying about your weight so much dear. Its not nearly as important as you think it is! Whats really important is building up muscle.

You should be able to look in the mirror and say "you know what? I look f***ing good!"

... stepping on a scale every day and taking it as gospel truth is one of the worst things you could do.
I beg you to stop. Its probably the most counterproductive thing you are doing.

The best of luck- hope you find a bit of comfort in all the advice thats being given from everyone.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51