Eating before working out

2 posts | Original | Recent
13 Posts
Jan 9, 2014 5:13am
via Android

Im having a hard time figuring out when to eat before working out. Should i eat like an hour before going to work out?

09 Jan
You should eat after your workout if you want to build muscle
09 Jan
Before: Whole Wheat Toast with Sliced Banana and Cinnamon When it comes to gearing up for workout, carbs are your gym BFF. The key is to have a mixed bag of complex and simple ones so that the release of energy during your workout is slow and steady throughout your routine. Whole-wheat toast with fruit gives you both types of carbs with the bonus of being super easy to digest. Complex carbs will keep your motor humming, while the fruit adds an extra kick of energy. For those training for a race, bananas are perfect in raising potassium levels, which...
09 Jan
My rule is 1hr before my workout. This gives enough time for the food to get into my body so I don't get any stitches or stomach aches while working out. It really depends on you but I'd say anything between 30 mins to an 1hr is suitable
81 Posts
Jan 9, 2014 5:29am
via iOS
After: Grilled Chicken and Mixed Vegetables

Your body is in recovery mode, so you need a nutrient dense dish. The lean protein and carbohydrates in chicken will fill you up without feeling overly bloated. Add some veggies in olive oil to keep your ticker in tip top shape.

09 Jan
Thanks so much!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51