Thank You!!! :)

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:49pm
via Android

I'd like to start off by thanking you guys. This app (although it may seem a little dramatic) is changing my life. When I work out, I have more confidence, and it makes me feel wonderful. Yesterday, I posted something asking for motivation, and in less than 2 minutes, I received fantastic replies. I've decided to return the favor and scroll through the forums and give everyone a boost of motivation. Really, guys. Thank you. Each time I've decided to exercise and change myself for the better, I end up focusing too much on it. I count calories and literally think about the diet every second of every day, and after maybe a week, if I don't follow it strictly (for example, forgetting to log in something I ate, or eating something not so good for me), I fall off the wagon. Now, I'm excited to wake up and get my exercises out of the way and see how you guys have improved, too! I don't think of this as a chore anymore. It's fun!

Now, I need opinions. Should I eat before or after a work out? I've weighed the pros and cons. Eating before will likely make me feel sluggish, and I may not even want to do the work out, and if I do, I'm hungry right after exercising) Working out on an empty stomach (like I've just done) makes me nauseous. Ideas?

10 Jan
I like to have a little protein and carbs before I'm going to hit the gym. It will give you plenty of energy to bust out a good workout. Maybe have a protein shake and a slice of whole grain wheat bread. After the session I would try to get more protein (chicken, lean red meat, or fish) accompanied by the veggies.
Image_thumb
1649 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:57pm
via iOS
Way to go !! Keep it up !!
10 Jan
Thanks :) I officially started on the first of January. I've done 5 sessions of an 11 session program. I'm starting to feel a difference in my legs and core as far as power. I don't see a difference physically yet, but there's no way im giving up this time.
Image_thumb
1649 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:57pm
via iOS
Oh !! And simple answer... Eat when hungry, just eat something healthy !
Image_thumb
237 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:59pm
via Android

its,always  whats work best for u. i always eat a bowl of steel cut oats 1hr before i workout it gives me the energy i need to get me thru the workouts.

Image_thumb
1649 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 3:03pm
via iOS
Don't you bloody dare give up !! I officially started working out a year ago this month and have out a ton of weight (about 30lbs) and packed on muscle. Not only that I met an amazing woman on here who I've moved 4000miles for... Skimble land is pretty goddam AWESOME !!
Image_thumb
1649 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 3:05pm
via iOS
And I'm having sweet potato, spinach & chicken before hitting the gym in an hour : ))

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,233 topics, 38,258 posts

Motivation & Support

8,517 topics, 41,724 posts

App Updates

15 topics, 49 posts

Ask the Pros

723 topics, 1,844 posts

Workouts and Programs