Girls! How many push-ups can you do??

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 6:09pm
via Android

Hey girls I just want to get a general idea how many pushups is a good amount to be able to do. If u can post your age and weight would be nice but do t have to. I'm new here and I love this app I ha e lost 27 lbs and alomst 4 months so trying to get to 30 lbs in 4 months. I weigh 133 right now I'm 5'3 I was 160lbs. I'm a young mom of 2 kids a 3yr old and 2 yr old. Also if any moms out there want to follow me and we can keep eachother motivated we be awesome. I don't really ha e a set goal I'm aiming for 120 but want to be more healthy and fit than skinny so my goal is where I feel satisfied with what I look like. Back to the push ups I'm trying to get to 50 I'm at 30. 3 months ago I was only able to do 15 so I'm getting there slowly but surley just want a idea of hoe many is a.good amount to be able to do?? Thanks!!

12 Jan
Congrats on the weight loss! Sounds like you're kicking ass. I'm 20 and weigh 127 lbs. I can do like 46 on a good day.
12 Jan
That'd were I wanna be I'm trying to build more muscle and strength in my arms as the always been big compared to the rest of my body so I figure if I put some more lean muscle they will look thinner do u have any advice on how to get there or what u did I know trying adding some everyday and etc. But I was thinking what if I was to do 10-15 pushups with a 30 sec break 4-5 times?? Rather than Max out at 30 and not be able to another set?
12 Jan
I can 50 to 88
12 Jan
Image_thumb
130 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 6:13pm
via Android

Hey well done with all the weight loss. I can do about 15-20!

12 Jan
That a good amount. I'm also trying to build some lean muscle in my arms to because fat has mainly came off my butt and thighs and now slowly seems to be.coming off my belly and arms but I also have been doing strentgh trainning with them the most.
12 Jan
Wow. My stomach has seen my major weight loss dropped 3/4 dress sizes before Christmas :) aiming for more this year
12 Jan
I dropped about a pant size around. My stomach. I'm still aiming for more I know that were u gain weight last it will come off first. And vice versa. So I'm assuming cause the last time I was around 120 was in 8-9 grade lol. I'm only 21 now but I'm assuming my arms will be last to come off. My stomach I need to tone up a bit more my love handles have Horton bigger ever sense I had my 2 kids so they will be harder.
12 Jan
Don't know exactly how much I am in llbs since I work im stones! But since I've started exercising I have lost 3 stones. :-) I have not been this light for about 12 years. By the way 24 year old 5'2 and has bingo wings. Will do anything exercise wise to get rid:-)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 6:33pm
via Android

Well I'm in the Navy and before I went to bootcamp, I could hardly do any push ups at all. They made us hold ourselves up in the push up position when we couldn't keep up with everyone else. And eventually, it got easier. We did so many push ups in a day, despite the fact that we were exhausted and that our muscles were obnoxiously sore. So, I think the best thing for you would be do just keep pumping them out. Even if you're tired. And even if you think you can't. My recruit division commander at bootcamp told us, "when you think you can't do more, do more anyway."

12 Jan
What do you do in the navy?
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 6:41pm
via Android

That's what I do when I can't do anymore I hold myself up for like 10 second and do another. I try to keep doing that but then when I go down to do another  I can't get back up. Should I hold myself when I can't lift back up?? I shake so bad lol when I try to keep increasing till I can't.

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 6:46pm
via Android

This is still one of my major goals. I can't do any. :-(. I can do about 20 knee push ups, (20 more than I could do 2 months ago) but I can't wait for the day I can do a REAL one!!!! Soon.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 7:25pm
via Android

I'm an undes airman, planning to strike AO.

12 Jan
Oh..? No idea what that means I'll Google it ;)
12 Jan
So you look after the air craft on the ship
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 7:31pm
via Android

I just assumed since you asked that you were in the Navy too. Haha. AO is aviation Ordinanceman, so I'll work with bombs. The division I'm in assembles them.

12 Jan
I'm in the merchant navy. I was thinking of joining the navy reserves in Australia when I finish training.
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 7:32pm
via Android

I can do only about 10-15 keeping great form... I don't do them in a row very often or I would be able to do more lol. I can only do maybe 5 tricep pushups. Those are hard!

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 7:48pm
via Android

I can do 10 push ups without knees now its because I'm doing more planks so it helps with being able to hold myself up.

Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 8:52pm
via Android

Height, gender, and age does not effect how many push UPS you can do. It is your strength that matter. If u can do none, start by lowering yourself instead of pushing, Lower yourself as slowly as you can, even if u shiver. Do 3 SETS, with 8 reps. 3 times a week, after a while, try pushing up, as much as u can, if u do 3 for example, continue the lowering 5 more times, until u do 8 push UPS in 3 SETS. Nb: I currently do 10 push UPS x 10 sets = 100 push UPS.  good luck

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 9:00pm
via Android

Mom of two here also. 4 yr old son and 6 month old son. Im 5'2" 155 lbs. Trying to lose 25 at least and tone up.

12 Jan
And I can honestly say I can't hardly do push ups at all... :( its sad but true.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 9:44pm
via Android

Practice will get you there I always been pretty strong with them ever sence middle school I was able to 15 untill now I really been pushing my self!!! Are u a at home mom??

12 Jan
Yea I am a stay at home mom.
Image_thumb
265 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 9:54pm
via Android

I can do 75 with 5 sec breaks at 25 and every 10 after. Then I collapse and my arms tremble all day

In 1 go, no breaks, 27 is my max.

I'm 21, 55 kg and I've been fitness obsessed since I was 15

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51