Diet and meal replacement shakes: Do they really help curb your appetite and help with weight loss?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 13, 2014 9:16pm
via Android

I can rarely find time to make breakfast in the morning so I was thinking about taking some type of diet or meal replacement shake. Question is, do they actually work? Which ones are the best /worst? Please share your opinions. Much appreciated. Thx!

13 Jan
My cousin was telling me about something similar to this. What she did is that she would make her own drinks from either fruits or vegtables and she would drink them throughout the day and then she would eat a salad for dinner. The first time she tried this she lost 6 pounds in 1 week and the 2nd time she tried this she lost 9 pounds in 1 week and now im thinking about trying it. Im not sure if this helps but its an idea of something you can try. :)
14 Jan
Yeah but did she keep it off?
14 Jan
Nice idea but of course ur gona lose weight ur starving ur self
14 Jan
Patrick: Yes, she did. Alexis: Your not starving yourself. I use to make a green juice made from vegtables and it would fill me up. I guess it just depends on the person..
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 13, 2014 11:52pm
via Android

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. ;)

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 14, 2014 1:13am
via Android

I don't have time in the morning for anything so I boil eggs n eat them with toast. They take 15 min so I put them on when I shower or get dressed. Quick n easy...

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 14, 2014 1:16am
via Android

N I don't think they curb when ur hungry ur hungry.. Its best to eat so u don't over eat later. Just pick healthier choices n smaller portions

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 14, 2014 3:22am
via Android

I tried my first green smoothie today at lunch time. I felt full after finishing it and didn't eat or crave anything until dinner time at 6pm.

Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jan 14, 2014 3:36am
via Android

I take a nature valley peanut butter granola bar to work and wait as long as I can to eat it..after that a couple hours later I have a turkey and cheese on wheat bread..and then I can make it on fruit most of the day..yogurt with nuts is good too

Image_thumb
86 Posts
Jan 14, 2014 4:15am
via Android

Losing so much weight in short period of time is not good... you're destroying muscle mass and maybe just water weight

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jan 15, 2014 5:59am
via Android

In my experience...  they do help because they provide more nutrients than something you would just grab but for less calories,  often leaving you hungry.  I like EAS Lean 15, Body By Vi, Zeal, NLA, and Herbalife.  Or like Carnation Instant Breakfast haha, same idea, more sugar.  Homemade smoothies and juices or bottled versions like Naked work well also.  I use them because I have a huge sweet tooth and a sweet shake will calm my craving in a healthy way.  Meal replacement or not,  it's all about a healthy lifestyle.  Basically,  if it's practical for your life and you eat well otherwise it will help, if you end up starving and follow it with a coke and a candy bar it won't do a thing.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51