A month without sugar

16 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 15, 2014 10:14pm
via Android

Hi there! I'm Luma from Argentina, and I just started to use this app. I started this year with a new goal I'm trying to live without sugar for at least one month. I've read that sugar is extremely dangerous for our body, and that people will be more healthy if they keep away it from their life. So it's what I'm doing, to see if that works. And I've lost 4 pounds!. Now what I want to do is to challenge those who are reading this, to see how much you can improve your body. And if you want, you can share information and good vibes with me, because I know sometimes it's not easy by your own. Having said that I wish you a great day, bye

16 Jan
I have cut out sugar, salt, and butter ^.^ and so far im doing GREAT. I havn't had any soda or sweets, i never ass salt to anything i eat, and i cook with vegetable oil (lowfat only) and take my toast dry or with nutella c:
16 Jan
Check the ingredients in nutella...
16 Jan
What's the point? You'll die anyway. Want to loose weight, then do exercises and eat wisely. That's it. Yes it is so simple. Cook food at home
16 Jan
@Alex: "eat wisely" - I believe this is the point.
16 Jan
Yes Alex you are right, we will die anyway. But in the process you can live a heathy life. But you have the right to follow the path that you want, I'm nobody to tell you what you should do. You can try it if you want. And if you have any doubt, you can ask it to a nutritionist as I did. My nutritionist told me that. But you are free to choose.
Image_thumb
78 Posts
Jan 15, 2014 11:52pm
via Android

I have cut out sugar in my coffee. There are so many foods that contain sugar it's hard but I'm giving it a try this month too.

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 2:23am
via iOS
You gonna end up only eating veggies because in todays time sugar is almost in everything
16 Jan
Yes, that is something I discovered when I started. but it's not a problem to me I like veggies, to be honest I'm vegetarian (for personal beliefs). anyway, what I wanted to say is that there are a lot of foods that doesn't have sugar by ingredient. The only thing one can do is to read the ingredients list.
Image_thumb
47 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 3:58am
via Android

He is right so much food is processed and has hidden sugars. Sugar also changes its name such as fructose, corn syrup, etc.. And definitely stay away from artifical stuff. I am really trying to do some clean eating and its hard, but it can be done.

19 Jan
It's called learning how to cook
20 Jan
Mary I dont get you I know how to cook and am considered an excellent cook. I feel I make wise choice and with portion and moderation I feel one can enjoy anything. However, if one makes the choice to abstain from sugar or processed items it does limit your choice and you do have to plan ahead and sometimes research if you want to take it that far. Trying to do 100% real food does take time and effort but I do feel the difference in how I feel and look.
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 4:20am
via iOS
Should we totally avoid sugar in food ?
16 Jan
Well I'm nobody to tell you what you should do. I only say if you want, you can try and see what happen in your body if you stop eating sugar.
16 Jan
Don't say like that :D I asked u cuz if it really works than I will avoid sugar too ! And nice to meet u :) thanks for the advice
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 5:56am
via Android

I did no sugar for 6 months last year and lost 40 pounds. One month should not be that hard.

19 Jan
I stop eating sugar for 4 months and lost 20 lbs.. Once you start it actually gets easier and You don't miss the it!:)
23 Jan
Must have ate like a rabbit
24 Jan
No i ate 6 times a day plus cheat meals
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 11:33am
via Android

In vegetables as well.
That's where the sugars come from.

23 Jan
I have been reading your comments and they kind of make me laugh. In a way I was wondering the same thing. Maybe she means sweats like candy and pop or table sugar. Lolol
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 1:04pm
via Android

So... What is the point of avoiding sugars?

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 1:07pm
via Android

And what happens?

Does anybody knows what is (s)he doing by avoiding the sugars?
Or it done for sale of avoiding sugars?

24 Jan
She's using it to lose weight and live a healthier life.
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 1:20pm
via Android

@Daniel
Eat wisely and avoid sugar is not same.
Avoiding sugars does not = eating wisely.
Eating wisely = eating all king of different ingredients at reasonable amount. (Sugar included)

So far... No answer, anyone could bring on the "table".

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 3:12pm
via Android

Alex I believe what they're talking about is simple sugars.  Found in processed foods, the sugar that is in fruits and veggies your body can easily break down and use as energy.

16 Jan
Yes that is what I'm saying. The problem is that I'm not a good english speaker, so I couldn't explain it better. But what I meant has to do with your answer. it's my fault, sorry. My apologies to all
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 6:14pm
via Android

You see...
Problem is that nobody gives any answer for the question "why should you avoid sugar?" And those nutritionists... Oh dear.

Kristen, you have great idea of their talk.
I'm afraid that they don't know the topic itself.

19 Jan
Luma I'm in..
20 Jan
Well Alex, I do know if you abstain from table sugar you do lose weight. Don't know why but it does. Wondering if you r asking for reals or just testing. What do you know and would like to hear what you have to share.
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 12:49am

Hi there!
I'm Both - curious and testing.
In my opinion, people should do things, they are aware of.

For example, - your table sugar thing.
Your body is sweet enough already, and therefore it is accumulating sugar as fat.
Do you understand how human get their fat?

I'll tell you the story, which in Estonia (Yep, that's where i'm from) is known by everybody, who finished 6th grade in the school. "how the fats are getting into human body?"

Here we go.

Your body is liking sugar, since it is highest energy food available.

Leftovers of the energy are always accumulated in human body as fat. (This is most efficient way to store the enery. Beside, it is protecting you from cold and minor injuries).

But, since, not everybody will react in the same way (yes, we are different), there are varieties of the consequences of absorbing sugar.

And believe me - some really need it.

Conclusion: You should measure your blood sugar level and speak with your doctor in general. It may come out that you're doing absolutely nonsense work (avoiding sugars).

Anyway, to be fair, avoiding sugar is not bad at all, but might be just useless activity. (Unless you get it in extra large amounts. And yes, we do make jokes of americans on that matter.)

Image_thumb
392 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 1:09am
via Android

impossible

24 Jan
All u got to do is believe in ur self then u can do it
Icon_missing_thumb
75 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 1:17am
via Android

So did you workout as well or just laid off the sugar in obvious things like candy, cupcakes?

23 Jan
Great job keep it up
Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 11:39pm
via Android

Good luck with that honey. Lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51